Garage putting green

JF79

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hello all, hoping for some advice.

Moving into a new house soon with a decent sized garage and I’m considering installing a 2 by 4 metre putting green. Initial thinking is to build a timber frame, overlay with boards and then add the surface.

Problem I have is no idea what to use as a decent but not hugely expensive surface.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have putting green tiles that clip together to create any length and configuration you want, they even have a grain. I leave them down under the car all the time.
I bought them at a golf show quite a few years ago, but they are excellent.

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I looked at this and wasn’t sure if the Ryder reference was legit or to lure people toward it. That or similar was along the lines of what I was considering
I only have it fitted about 2 months ago so didn't get to use it a lot. From initial practice I am very pleased. The other option was 40+ pounds per square meter and by compering the samples there is not much difference between them.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I built my own putting area a few years ago. I bought a modular astroturf green that fitted together in pieces. Around 6 feet by 3 feet. I glued them to 18 mm hardwood. Then I know it would remain flat and uncreased. And when I am not using it, I lean it against the wall of the house. It is under a conservatory roof so I can practice in all weathers. Was out there tonight when it was hammering down.