GAPR Advert

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We shouldn't need to use an ad blocker to navigate a web site. They are clearly aware of the problem and its a little disconcerting that their IT staff cannot remove a simple add quickly.

D

Deleted member 17920

To be fair I have logged on on iPad this evening and the advert is fine, earlier on my phone it was hard work so looks ok to me.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Well I would have quoted LP's reply but I can't because every time I press the reply button I'm directed to the TM Gapr site. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Phil, as always you're absolutely right; it's GM's site, therefore it's GM's fault. However whilst it is not TaylorMade's fault, they have scored a massive own goal. Because their advert is thoroughly ruining my use and enjoyment of the forum, regardless of how good this offering is, I will not be going anywhere near it. If they gave me a free bagful I'd throw them in the bin. Any interest I may have had in them their advert has thoroughly destroyed. They really need to realise that ramming this down peoples' throats does not work as an advertising technique. If it continues then it will be an Ad Blocker and none of the advertisers will benefit from that.

D

Deleted member 15344

Really ? All because of a glitch within this website which meant their advertising campaign was incorrectly incorporated into the forum ? Surely the anger should be directed at the whoever incorporates the advert onto the forum and failed to test the mobile part ( works fine on iPad and desktop ) - surely people can distinguish the difference ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have had to activate ad-blocker plus on my windows desktop, and something on the ipad2, but I still get the screen floating and shrunk a little when using this forum, no-where else.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Really ? All because of a glitch within this website which meant their advertising campaign was incorrectly incorporated into the forum ? Surely the anger should be directed at the whoever incorporates the advert onto the forum and failed to test the mobile part ( works fine on iPad and desktop ) - surely people can distinguish the difference ?
It doesn’t work fine on a desktop as I found last night and if TM didn’t have such an aggressive advertising policy then the ad wouldn’t exist and neither would the problem so TM are not entirely innocent.

So yes, really.

D

Deleted member 17920

Totally unusable today on my desktop.

Advert comes up and blocks everything.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If I were part of TM's advertising dept I would be deeply upset at GM and their complete failure to act on this despite so many members feeding back. It would take a matter of seconds for the IT Dept to pull the advert temporarily and work out where the issue is. Instead no action has been taken which pretty much renders the 'Website Feedback' part of the form completely pointless.

The net result is that we're all now using Ad Blockers (if we want to be able to view the forum on certain devices) so none of the advertising gets seen which is what the advertisers pay for.