Gah! Too many clubs! What to leave out?

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Easy

In the short term dump the clubs that you feel uncomfortable with.

For you it's 1H and 3I.

Just because the others are in the bag, you don't have to use them.

And off 14 the chances are that if you are hitting the ball well you can probably go round with an iron off the tee, a mid iron or less to the green, and play all the longer par 4s as a par 5, IE 460 yard par 4 is something like 2I, 5I, Wedge.

Stick a couple of chips close, hole a couple of putts, and it's 38 points in the bag. And if that loses, tough :p

The_LHC

Head Pro
Visit site
In the end I left out the 1h and 3i and didn't even use the 1i! Hit driver on most holes which was pretty effective, the only time I didn't was the short 5th where I hit 4i off the tee, largely because the green wasn't clear and we had a very good 3 ball coming up fast behind us, and the 8th where I hit the 2 for position.

This was Cumberwell park near Bath incidentally, hit driver, 4 iron to 12 feet on the 9th, just left the eagle putt hanging on the right edge of the hole. Biggest problem was my 8 to wedge stopped working, so even when I hit a good drive I was struggling to find the green.

Mind you it was a pairs event and my partner only scored 5 points for the 18 holes, so victory was never likely... that's not a typo btw...