Fujikura v Aldila Driver Shafts

I have the original R9 with the standard Fujikura Motore 65 stiff shaft but i have been offered a Aldila RIP 70 Shaft Stiff. I know its difficult to say without actually hitting hit but does anyone know much abut this shaft and would it make a difference. In case it helps its the TM version that has come form a Supderdeep. (I can't try it as its in Norfolk and its a friend of friend scenario)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Do you not get on with the Motore? I have this shaft in my hybrid, and 4w and think it's a top shaft. Is there more to this post?

Not really Murph just looking for some extra yards and extra control maybe

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Motore and RIP are both very good shafts. The RIP has a reputation for being pretty stiff, so I would assume that a 70g version of that would be stouter than a Motore 65. Note that there are at least 2 versions of Moore around. One is just called Motore, but there is also another version called variously Tour, F1 etc which is a bit firmer.

So Ethan, would the RIP give me anything at all (i know its difficult without seeing the swing etc) but with a slightly stiffer heavier shaft would that give more distance or a lower ball flight etc ? would itgive me anything at all in your opinion

Thanks in advance

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
So Ethan, would the RIP give me anything at all (i know its difficult without seeing the swing etc) but with a slightly stiffer heavier shaft would that give more distance or a lower ball flight etc ? would itgive me anything at all in your opinion

Thanks in advance

I think the RIP would give a lower flight, and if you have a trajectory which is too spinny or high, maybe more distance, but if you err on the other side, perhaps less. It is really a matter of which fits your swing needs best.

Thanks Ethan - i guess i will just have to take a flyer on it - if it doesn't work theres always ebay :eek:)

T

thecraw

Thanks Ethan - i guess i will just have to take a flyer on it - if it doesn't work theres always ebay :eek:)

Or thecraw, I'll take first dibs on it! :D