FS: Callaway X-14 Pro Series

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It would be like trying to out wit a gold fish so I haven't really bothered. Just pointing out to RGUK the perils of dealing with people you don't know. I don't really give a stuff if you sell your kit or not, it doesn't affect me in any way. If you stick it on ebay, fine, that is where it should have been in the first place.

I assume you have positive feed back from when you bought your sofa.

RichardSanderson

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You just don't go away do you. There is absolutely no need for you to keep mentioning my belongings for no reason what so ever. you are not smart - you are far from it. From the childish posts and relentless attitude, i'd be guessing you are still a teenager, trying (poorly) to be smart and witty.If not, youre acting like one.

Give me and anyone that might actually want to buy these clubs a break, and be quiet. You are making yourself seem more and more foolish each time you reply.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Why do "Newbies" get grief on here if they're trying to sell something before they've made,say,50 posts in other sections of the forum?

If it's some knob trying to plug his website then fine,they deserve it as they should contact GM & advertise the right way but this is a fella trying to sell 1 set of irons.

Pathetic to be honest.

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why do "Newbies" get grief on here if they're trying to sell something before they've made,say,50 posts in other sections of the forum?

If it's some knob trying to plug his website then fine,they deserve it as they should contact GM & advertise the right way but this is a fella trying to sell 1 set of irons.

Pathetic to be honest.

I would guess it's because this is an online forum for people to discuss golf and the magazine. As far as I am aware - the marketplace section of the forum is simply a peripheral part of the forum for regular members to use.

The fact that this gentleman has come onto the forum, has not taken part in any discussion and has immediately used the marketplace grinds on some people I guess, and i can see where they're coming from.

I believe that everybody on this forum encourages new members to join and actively post, but when people use and abuse the forum for their own benefits, well then they're not so welcome.

I am fairly new to these forums and I haven't had a bad comment directed at me and have managed to meet up with a local member of the forum for a round. However, I doubt that we would ever see Mr Sanderson once these irons have been sold and I guess that's the difference.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok break, both of you.. Go to your Corners.

Lets get one thing straight! EVERYBODY has the right to come on here and use the forum, Hell newbies can even use the for sale section in there first post if they wish, Not that they will have any luck 9 times out of 10 but that is a chance they take.

If this is the case, they are bound to get some stick from other forum members because so many people come in, spam or take up forum space, dont stick around and dont contribute. And we ALL know how annoying that can be.

I think Murph really set out with the intention of some light hearted banter but it didn't work out, RS obviously hasn't been around to see how we all get on on here :D

It wouldn't harm to have some forum etiquette and build up some rapport before trying to flog some gear on here first. It would certainly go down better and more than likely get you more positive hits/responses etc.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would guess it's because this is an online forum for people to discuss golf and the magazine. As far as I am aware - the marketplace section of the forum is simply a peripheral part of the forum for regular members to use.

Perhaps you should have a certain number of posts before you're allowed to post in the For sale section then otherwise there will be just thread after thread like this.

Even if the bloke had the intention of joining in with other parts of the forum,i doubt he will now.

At the end of the day,he's got a set of irons for sale & if someone wanted those specific irons,it shouldn't matter if he's got 1 post or 1000.

Like i said,if people come on here touting their websites then they deserve the grief but surely not a private seller selling 1 set of clubs?

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yidio, I can see both points of view and I take your point about it just being the one set of irons too.

I think the fact that this guy has openly admitted he's advertised on here because he'll get more money than on ebay hasn't helped his cause though!

Personally, I'm kinda impartial to the advertising. Most of it I'm not interested in anyway, so I just ignore it. I guess it's just a shame this thread had to sink personal insults.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yidio, I can see both points of view and I take your point about it just being the one set of irons too.

I think the fact that this guy has openly admitted he's advertised on here because he'll get more money than on ebay hasn't helped his cause though!

Personally, I'm kinda impartial to the advertising. Most of it I'm not interested in anyway, so I just ignore it. I guess it's just a shame this thread had to sink personal insults.

Indeed.

I think GM should put a post count restriction on this section of the site & that will encourage genuine golfers to interact before they've got something to sell & will also keep away the idiots who just come on to plug a website. Everyone's a winner.

RichardSanderson

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I seriously cannot believe how far this has all gone. I need to clarify a few points i think.

1. I had no intention of spamming your forum - i think that was quite clear. Why i can read the forums but then have to contribute before put up anything for sale is beyond me, i would then effectively be spamming the forums by posting for no reason if i fulfilled your requests. I shall contribute when i feel necessary.

2. If constantly abusing my home and belongings completely unprovoked is 'friendly banter', why would anyone want to join in with conversation in the forum?!

3. Anyone in their right mind would want to get the true value of their belongings when putting them up for sale. If i ever did put them on ebay, they would be at a buy it now price. It is completely wrong to assume that putting them up for auction is a true representation of their value. Who would pay £500 for something then accept a price lower than its worth when re-selling??!?!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
With regard to not contributing it basically boils down to 1 f**ks up, all F**k up.

with so many people dropping in just to sell items, promote websites etc it has become a sort of 'expected standard' for newbies to atleast come say hi, join us for a chat and stick around long enough to see if you dont like the place before posting in the for sale section.

There are no specific rules so nobody is right or wrong on this matter, its just, most people on here will not take kindly to it and let you know what they think about situations like this. And generally its not good.

Good luck selling your clubs, I hope you can put this behind you and decide to stick around although I doubt you will.

RichardSanderson

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i suggest that if people are so uptight about it, they shouldn't join a forum that has a Wanted/For Sale section that is open to all.

No one that has posted here so far has the right to say who can and cannot sell in here or abuse me for no apparent reason, so can't be surprised if/when people argue back.

The very first reply i received was perfectly civilised, what brought on the abuse, i don't know.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
people joined the forum before there was a for sale/wanted section. It was long standing members that asked for the section, to be used by regular, known members, this is why it is a touchy subject.

golfcitydweller

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
this banter between richard and the murph...it`s more entertaining than poults driver going awol !!murph ur out of order slagging off his couch and ricky u should lighten up a bit mate ...a verbal shake o ` hands sounds in order gents ... :D

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am a bit suprised that one comment about a sofa unleashed such a stream of foul mouthed abuse, but what ever.

Back in the day, Golfbidder used to allow private auctions on their site, as well as their own. This was abused by people selling stuff which wasn't as per description, and golfbidder themselves kept being asked to mediate between the parties. Eventually they pulled thid feature from their site due to the trouble this caused.

The for sale section was set up by GM at the request of the forum members at the time, who wanted a market place to sell/trade stuff that they no longer required. The idea being, that there would never be dispute between purchaser and seller, as most of the people involved would be trusted.

Obviously there is no 'post limit' on putting something up for sale, but inevitably, over a period of time, if single posters see this site as a place to sell stuff, deals will go wrong, and GM will be called to mediate. When this happens, it will be easier to withdraw this section, and a part of the forum may be lost. It has happened before (see comments re golfbidder).

I have nothing against the OP particularly, and fail to see why one comment about a jar of mayo, and a comment about a sofa has sparked such a string of abuse. If you look through my posts, I don't think I have been particularly insulting, certainly not the string of bleeped out swear words and implications that have been thrown my way.

As they say on Dragons Den, I'm out.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
So you going to stick around Richard?

And we do love sarnies, just search for them on here and you will see.I had a great Ham and Wholegrain mustard one yesterday, was so good!

RichardSanderson

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes i'm going to stick around.

And 'murph', I have no regrets with anything i have said. To personally attack my house and belongings before getting to 'know' me is simply out of order. You cannot deny that.

You may not have sworn, or been derogatory, but the 'venom' in what you said was equally offending - hence the barrage of abuse you subsequently received.

I will not hesitate to do the same again if you continue to be so uncouth.

End of Story.