Free swing tips - new app called "Golfspace"

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
That's the old method, nowadays it's central ball position, upright shaft and use the bounce. Your method is fine if you can chip but if you can chip why would you need to watch a video to show you how.

I would say it's harder to hit a low running shot using your technique, especially in the summer.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
We have some guy with his first post trying to sell something and we have Bob, ‘our resident professional“. Your choice but for me it is a no brainer.

As I said in post no.9...

Who's to say who's right or wrong as there are many ways to play this shot, I just prefer to use one technique and I vary the club to suit the situation.

Do whatever works for you

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
For me I re-found a much better technique (from another instructor) by understanding & using the bounce of the clubs, doing what they are designed to do. For me getting the feeling the hands and the head arrive to the ball at the same time gives me so much more margin for error and the ability to play lots of different styles of chipping and pitching.

That would indicate to me that your head has moved away from the ball at some point during your swing, presumably on your backswing.
That would be the point at which my shot starts to go so horribly wrong.
Surely, you should keep your head as still as possible during the shot?

D

Deleted member 23270

We have some guy with his first post trying to sell something and we have Bob, ‘our resident professional“. Your choice but for me it is a no brainer.
From what I can see the OP isn't trying to offer any swing advice, just highlighting a service.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
That would indicate to me that your head has moved away from the ball at some point during your swing, presumably on your backswing.
That would be the point at which my shot starts to go so horribly wrong.
Surely, you should keep your head as still as possible during the shot?
Or maybe the 'head' that was being refered to was 'clubhead'?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Ah, it's still too early in the morning for me to function correctly!
It's all a bit obvious now you mention it .................... doh!
I know the problem. I missed a reference to 'best 8' (it only mentioned '8') in another thread.

Springveldt

Visit site
Hi all, have you seen the app "Golfspace" on AppStore? You can upload your swing in the app and get free swing advice from other golfers. Do you think this will work?
Subtle Jacob…

I’ve seen the shitshow that can unfold when you get crowdsourced advice about a swing. Just go and have a look on Reddit etc.

Even seen some choppers who had just taken up the game critiqueing the latest Tiger Woods swing and giving opinions on how he could improve it.