For those who played Royal Cinque Ports

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Due to the weather at RCP on Monday rendering the course borderline unplayable, the powers that be have offered a deal for everyone involved. For those who i didn't see at RSG to advise them, it is.

They are offering a 50% reduction for anytime in 2017 against their green fee at the time of playing. I am to collate everyone's email address to send to them and im not certain yet as to how the bookings will be organised, but i will find out soon and post accordingly.

It could be that we could do a mini meet if there was enough interest but i need a conversation with RCP to sound out how we will use the offer which, i suspect may be vouchers. I suggest if anyone who playedm but wouldnt want to return, still apply for the offer as others maybe able to use them if we do have a meet

Please pm me your email address also include your real and forum name . I will post more details as i get them

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I spoke to RCP to find out how the offer is to be managed and they weren't certain yet. I'm to let them have all the email addresses and then they'll sort it, they may send a voucher or just double check against the emil list if people book by phone. They are adamant that only the 28 who played Monday can use the vouchers/deal but that we can, subject to tee off availability, do a forum meet or some mini meets but the offer is 2017 only.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
A twilight knock for £40 looks a nice idea!

Yeah if you live on the doorstep!

I'd need to link it to at least 1 more round with an overnight stay to make the journey worthwhile with RCP being the 2nd course with a morning tee time.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah if you live on the doorstep!

I'd need to link it to at least 1 more round with an overnight stay to make the journey worthwhile with RCP being the 2nd course with a morning tee time.

Robin, if north foreland is being touted for next year we could always go a reccy that with RCP summer/autumn

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Robin, if north foreland is being touted for next year we could always go a reccy that with RCP summer/autumn

Sounds like a plan, I could travel to North Foreland for a lunch/PM tee time then get over to the Kings Head and do RCP on the voucher in the morning then drive back :thup:

North Foreland is a nice track but is not a links course, I'd guess it can be pretty wet in conditions like we had Monday

I know its not a links per se, but it's described as a 'Hillside links' though, probably like Ilfracombe which I enjoyed. I'm just looking for somewhere to play in the summer to tie in with the RCP voucher as I need to do 2 courses to make it worthwhile me travelling.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
although I was sat in a nice warm office drinking coffee all day while you were battling the elements and RCP I would like to tag along if something gets sorted.

i would obviously pay the full green fee

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Chris, "being touted" would be a bit strong; it has been mentioned it as being closer to Deal than Littlestone in response to a comment on travelling. There has also been an odd comment that Littlestone isn't up to much. The comments have been noted and will be looked into, and once we know a bit more then something will get posted up, but basically it's a bit of a links tour as most of us play parkland all year so it would be preferable in many respects to keep it on 3 links courses, and North Foreland is most definitely not a links course. Don't let that stop you playing what is a very enjoyable course but don't necessarily expect to see it being part of next year's event.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chris, "being touted" would be a bit strong; it has been mentioned it as being closer to Deal than Littlestone in response to a comment on travelling. There has also been an odd comment that Littlestone isn't up to much. The comments have been noted and will be looked into, and once we know a bit more then something will get posted up, but basically it's a bit of a links tour as most of us play parkland all year so it would be preferable in many respects to keep it on 3 links courses, and North Foreland is most definitely not a links course. Don't let that stop you playing what is a very enjoyable course but don't necessarily expect to see it being part of next year's event.

I get the picture old bean. I will keep my eyes peeled as old Shaw used to tell me all those years ago

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
My want to have a look at Walmer and Kingsdown too. That's meant to be ok too?

I believe it is, but according to the website weekend visitors are after 1pm between 1st April & 31st October so we're a bit stuffed there unless they are prepared to bend a bit. Whilst the idea of moving it into March or April is fine in principle, it hikes the cost to a level some may find unacceptable time you factor in accommodation & a small shandy.

D

Deleted member 15344

Would be more than happy with Littlestone and RCP - love Littlestone - cracking course

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My want to have a look at Walmer and Kingsdown too. That's meant to be ok too?

Steve, my twin brother is a member there and I've played it a few times, again, its not links. Its quite ok but most fairways slope and the ball often runs side to side.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I believe it is, but according to the website weekend visitors are after 1pm between 1st April & 31st October so we're a bit stuffed there unless they are prepared to bend a bit. Whilst the idea of moving it into March or April is fine in principle, it hikes the cost to a level some may find unacceptable time you factor in accommodation & a small shandy.

I meant more for the visit taking advantage of the rcp voucher. I'm pretty sure most clubs in the area are flexible.

Im more than happy playing the same three again. Whatever the weather I fully intend on testing myself at the courses again!