Footjoy Pro SL - Opinions

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just had an order cancelled by AG for a pair of DNA Helix I had ordered.

They have now bumped the price of the remaining stock to £148 instead of the £90 I ordered them for

Just looking at an alternative and I see Pro SL are now at £99

Just wanted to gather opinions from anyone who currently owns some. Would you recommend them?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just received my second pair (Ryder cup special edition in blue/ white & yellow). Lovely shoes, very comfortable, first pair lasted two years, totally waterproof.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Very comfortable shoes....nice and lightweight....cant comment on their ability to keep the feet dry as I've not seen rain on a golf course since February.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
Great shoes, but if your playing in the rain and trudging through rough they won’t keep your feet dry. But no golf shoe will. Great shoes, and amazing grip, you can’t go far wrong with a pair.

D

Deleted member 15344

Good shoes but I have had three pairs sent back to FJ - one pair started leaking after 3 months and the other two - the grips at the bottommost started to come away after about 6 months.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Most comfortable shoe I’ve owned, however, I had to send 1 pair back after 10 months due to leaking (1 shoe) but no quibble replacement from FJ so still very happy with them.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve got 2 pairs, but recently got a pair of ECCO Biom hybrid 3’s. admittedly they are in a different price bracket but well worth the extra.
I would highly consider going for the BOA what ever you do.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Got a pair with BOA lacing. Had them 11 months, playing 2 or 3 times a week. No problem with them.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Won a pair earlier in the year. Didn’t like them when it was hot and dry but more grip when there had been overnight rain than my summer shoes. I’m thinking good Autumn/Spring shoe but going back to spikes in the Winter.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I bought a pair this year and wore them no more than a dozen times and the sole started coming away from the uppers. Also found then uncomfortable, I have had 3 pairs of FJ contours that I have never had any comfort problems with before.