FootJoy Giveaway pt 2

GolfScot

Club Champion
Visit site
My putt would be from a couple of years ago. I started golf relatively late (13) compared to kids now and my dad took the game up at the same time (he was in his 40s). We taught ourselves and bought odd clubs here and there to get us started. Long story short we played together for probably 30 years and we started trying to experience some top class courses - Gleneagles, Turnberry etc. We did a yearly trip to Kingsbarns and loved the time we would play together there each year. As my dad got older he had a bad fall and broke his hip so decided to hang up the clubs but before we did we had one last trip to Kingsbarns......now the 18th at Kingbarns, every single time I had played it i had put it in the burn short of the green. This particular day I knew it would probably be the last visit to such a course with my dad so i was ultra focussed.......! Good drive........good 7 iron to about 8 feet short of the pin.....walked onto the green and my dad says 'come on then son, finish in style'..........hit a great putt and it lipped out!!!! Absolutely gutted! Of all the putts I've ever wanted to go in the hole it was this one...!

Last edited:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
on the 5th at The Grove i was short of the green in 2 and given my lack of short game decided to putt. i had about 15 feet of fairway up the slope and the flag was about 20 feet on the green. 1st putt was under hit and rolled back past me. 2nd putt was exactly the same so my PP helpfully said "have you thought about hitting it harder?" 3rd putt was hit a lot harder and my PP said "if that doesn't hit the flag its off the green." the ball hit the flag and dropped in for a 5.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Huge 60 foot putt off the green. Gave it a whack and took turf, head came flying off and had to finish the back nine putting with a wedge.

Mastered the bump and run since.