Following the ball

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I sometimes have trouble filling the ball in cloudy/overcast conditions. It tends to be worse at this time of year with the poor light, does anyone else have this issue ?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
No if I'm honest it doesn't cause much issue on course but it annoys me at the driving range if I'm struggling to see the flight

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Try the yellow Volvik. I found it very easy to follow and stood out well against the grass. Not sure it would be any better than the green one if it delves into a bush.

I can also vouch for that. Easy to find in the snow last weekend. Had to make sure I didn't go where the dog walkers had been though. :)

D

Deleted member 21258

We have been having the same problem at this time of year, just lose the ball as it drops near the horizon.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I find it especially bad when playing against the sun. On the other occasions, I have at least a rough idea where the ball landed, even if I did not actually see it down all the way, but on one of our holes specifically, I lose it in the glare pretty much as soon as it takes off, with no idea even of the general direction it went. And I even sometimes find it hard to spot on the fairway until I am almost standig right on it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Some folks I play with seem to have little clue where their ball has gone much of the time - usually when we have to try and find it. Not sure it's anything to do with the colour of the ball against the sky. Just wish they'd watch it more carefully. Have to say that I certainly find it easier to follow a coloured ball when the light is very flat and the sky is grey - I just don't like playing a coloured ball.

JV24601

Head Pro
Visit site
I sometimes have trouble filling the ball in cloudy/overcast conditions. It tends to be worse at this time of year with the poor light, does anyone else have this issue ?

Exactly the same. I don't have any problems with my vision and was told on my last eye test it had in fact improved somehow!
But lately in these overcast conditions I really struggle to follow it. Weird

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Tried using a Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis?

I wear specs and occasionally struggle against the sky. Found yellow Truvis to be better when it was overcast and lower light.
Once it brightens up (i.e. those 3 weeks in August :D) I can switch to the white and red version and still be using the same ball.