Following on from the Mp's thread....

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Sky news has just ran a story that Hazel Blears is to pay back the near £14,000 part of the profit she made when she sold her 2nd home but didnt pay capital gains tax :D :D :D :D

Yippeeeeeeeeee, have some of that ya cow, talk about busted!!!

How many more guilty consciences are we going to see over the coming days/weeks/months?

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If PM's had conscience's how do they do their job. That's if they're doing it at all when actually they're refurnishing a flat some where?

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
If I'd 'embelished' monies in such a way in the private sector. Not only would I have been fired. I'd have been prosecuted by the employer and probably done a stint in jail.

What makes these people immune from this?

I except that the system is wrong. But some of them are undoubtedly guilty of lining their own pockets, whilst some are only guilty of not keeping a close enough eye on those people that deal with their expenses.

It's the former that I want routing out. Regardless of political party they belong to.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Surely there is some sort of way we can have party reps in westminister who only live there to do their job and not have to live in the constituency. So we would have our elected folk living amongst us reporting to these guys who represented us, rather than a load of free loading eejits who relish having two homes and most of their expenses sorted. This would cancel out the need for two homes andwe could build a block of flats for them to live, kind of like halls of residence at uni.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
It was a good idea, Im sure the public would back it en mass if it saved milions, it would also show who actually wanted to serve the public and who wanted a free ride.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are plenty of '60's Mandela Towers around, many all but empty. a bit of basic refurbishment - job done.

Second option post 2012, use the Olympic Village - it will after all have been built with a view to security.