follow up from tee height with video...

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
So tried a few techniques the coach suggested, see video.. I can take it, give me your thoughts...

[video=youtube_share;CSt2U8823hY]http://youtu.be/CSt2U8823hY[/video]

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Can I have it please?

Seems just a little bit of Early Extension that is pushing the swing outside.

Feeling Balance more towards the heels might help. Or opening up the left hip rather than driving with the right one - a harder thought!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
looks fine to me.

is driving the worst part of your game? do you lose lots of shots off the tee? I think you may be better off with short game practice.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can I have it please?

Seems just a little bit of Early Extension that is pushing the swing outside.

Feeling Balance more towards the heels might help. Or opening up the left hip rather than driving with the right one - a harder thought!

Thanks FH. early extension? of what? sorry, "pretend" you are talking to an idiot... ;)

I agree actually, caught myself getting on to my toes slightly and not been as balanced...

looks fine to me.

is driving the worst part of your game? do you lose lots of shots off the tee? I think you may be better off with short game practice.

Thanks Gary, no its not the worst part, It probably used to be, but a combination of a new driver and wanting to ensure i was happy getting the ball in play. You are of course correct, but short stuff is ongoing and have a couple of sessions specifically on that regularly. Chipping etc is all well and good, but it helps the scorecard if you are on the fairway first!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I try to identify what is the worst part of my game then work on it until something else becomes the worst part.

that way you keep improving and sure up any weaknesses.

id take that driver swing of yours if it is repeatable. do you play a fade?

could you post a side on video too. just nosey is all.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Thanks FH. early extension? of what? sorry, "pretend" you are talking to an idiot... ;)

I agree actually, caught myself getting on to my toes slightly and not been as balanced...

Early Extension (EE) is the movement of the hips closer to the ball during the downswing. To compensate, the spine angle has to change (straighten).

You don't appear to have much, but worth keeping in check. Balance moving forward is one way to notice during a round.

EE can cause an O2I swing (like you seem to have and I do) or, if that's prevented, the club can 'get stuck' behind the body, so either a block (no correction) or a hook (arms/hands correct) can happen.

A classic drill is either against a wall - making the back left pocket press slightly on the backswing and back left do the same on the downswing. Or swinging with a chair pushed - and staying pushed - slightly away from you with your backside. JO has a vid that describes it, and the solution well, but I tend to turn off/fall asleep during it!

Squatting a shade more on your downswing might help too, though might need work to time properly.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I try to identify what is the worst part of my game then work on it until something else becomes the worst part.

that way you keep improving and sure up any weaknesses.

id take that driver swing of yours if it is repeatable. do you play a fade?

could you post a side on video too. just nosey is all.

Makes sense Gary, yeh very repeatable. either a slight fade or dead straight. the occasional bad ones are a slice.

Will have a go, i go on my own, so will have to find somewhere to hold the phone up! LOL

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks FH! seen the pocket drill before, will work on that. too many things at once will melt my brain though! but its coming along ok, just need to get out on the course a bit more regularly!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Makes sense Gary, yeh very repeatable. either a slight fade or dead straight. the occasional bad ones are a slice.

Will have a go, i go on my own, so will have to find somewhere to hold the phone up! LOL

id leave that driver swing well alone then. id take straight / little fade / odd slice right now if it was offered to me.

tinkering for that extra little something can lead down a very bumpy road. tighten up the other areas and use that driver swing and you will half you handicap easily.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks AD! I think! Combination of a few things, but you are probably right was around 13st for a while, now at a comfortable 11.5.

Cheers Gary, appreciate your comments and you are bang on. To be fair after the driver work, I finished the session with 5 balls and chose 6 iron. 5 in a row of the sweetest 6 irons I have ever hit, all 5 arrow straight, on target and long!

Really looking forward to getting out there!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
posture looks good, swing looks good- spine angle on downswing stands up a tad, but a tad can lead to many errors. Overall looks good Scott.:thup:

What was it the coach suggested? he has helped my game majorly with going back to basics especially posture which dictates the whole sequence if you start wrong.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
posture looks good, swing looks good- spine angle on downswing stands up a tad, but a tad can lead to many errors. Overall looks good Scott.:thup:

What was it the coach suggested? he has helped my game majorly with going back to basics especially posture which dictates the whole sequence if you start wrong.

Thanks Colin, there was another thread i started about tee height, the coach made a very long post with some great tips. spine angle, posture, grip, takeaway, with some drills etc.

Also found a drill where you set up for an iron, before striking push the ball 3 inches toward the target, but keep your club where it was, do this ten times striking cleanly, then move the ball back to where it should be. makes me ensure i collect the ball first, then the ground. I did suffer with a few fats more than anything, so thats been a good one!