Follow through.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to golf and really struggling to turn my body all the way through to get the pose, so to speak.
This in turn I'm sure is taking away distance and accuracy.
Any tips or drills I could do at home?
Thanks in advance.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Welcome Brian :)

A couple of things, but you might already do them?

At address, have your left foot splayed out a little which makes it easier for the hips to turn out of the way, and on your follow through allow your right foot to come off the ground so that at the finish you have almost all of your weight on your left foot with your right foot all the way up on it's toes.

Other than that it's flexibility exercises, which I'm of no use for!

dannyboi91

Medal Winner
Visit site
+1 for the lesson, I got a 30 min lesson with my pro and the first thing he done was change my grip and then "the pose" this did not increase my distance as my swing speed is quite fast but it did improve the straightness and consistency of my shots. Best £25 I have spent all year.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, i've had 1 lesson and i was doing it all the time with him, got 2 more lessons to take, think i'll get them booked and try and just focus more on doing it!!

El Bandito

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Waggle. Seriously. The pro explained to me that the only thing stopping my arms wheeling through to the finish, was me. So waggle to release the tension from my forearms....and then focus on "letting it happen"

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Lesson booked for next month to try and get the basics right again, walked off after 6 holes yesterday, was that bad and getting frustrated!!
Hopefully I'll get it sorted out :rolleyes: