FOBT's in Betting shops

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was banned from every betfred, ladbrokes and William hill in my town

the reason?

I won too much sports betting. I did it for a living and it is mostly arbitrage and value betting.

Bookmakers only want want mugs, people who are addicted and mostly clueless.

The sports departments of the shops is just a loss leader, they just want people in the doors to play the machines.

I have have seen people cover every outcome on a roulette table, guarenteed loss...

Unless you are money laundering, then it's a guaranteed win, as you get quick, "clean" money with a receipt for a relatively low percentage loss compared to other options. However, the machines are programmed to detect this and would flag up a money laundering alert pretty quickly.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Spot on! :thup:

My EX- son in law isn't interested in the FOBT's in the betting shops. But with Wonga loans, log book loans, pay day loans, bank loans and credit cards he blows circa £3k a month on football betting and the horses.

Fiddling around the edges isn't going to make a huge difference. Its a start I guess but it doesn't educate people. Restricting what people can do won't stop the urge, but educating them will.

God that's awful - and still footie betting is advertised as being all abut fun - something to be done with the lads having a great time...:(

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I was banned from every betfred, ladbrokes and William hill in my town

the reason?

I won too much sports betting. I did it for a living and it is mostly arbitrage and value betting.

Bookmakers only want want mugs, people who are addicted and mostly clueless.

The sports departments of the shops is just a loss leader, they just want people in the doors to play the machines.

I have have seen people cover every outcome on a roulette table, guarenteed loss...

Never occurred to me that the sports betting window-dressing of all High street bookies was just that - window-dressing giving a veneer of 'respectability' to the iniquitous and venal businesses that they are