Flipping & trying to improve

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
I’m trying to improve my swing. My predominant problem is flipping. Though I’m well capable of hitting a push and a big hook occasionally. I don’t compress the ball enough and rarely take a divot.

I’m working on 2 things at 5he minute, flat left wrist at the top and stopping a flying right elbow, and really turning my hips from transition and through impact. With the assistance of a good pro.

I’ve got 2 questions - any good drills to stop the flip.

Secondly, this guy seems to say a lot of good things. Is this @ny good

TIA

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the same tendency and would recommend:

-

- video (slomo) yourself and go frame by frame to see if the changes you are trying to make are actually happening

- compare your videos to swing sequences of pros - checkpoints being the hip/shoulders rotation halfway through downswing and the impact position.

- get on the monitor/top golf range and check your ball launch angle

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I’m trying to improve my swing. My predominant problem is flipping. Though I’m well capable of hitting a push and a big hook occasionally. I don’t compress the ball enough and rarely take a divot.

I’m working on 2 things at 5he minute, flat left wrist at the top and stopping a flying right elbow, and really turning my hips from transition and through impact. With the assistance of a good pro.

I’ve got 2 questions - any good drills to stop the flip.

Secondly, this guy seems to say a lot of good things. Is this @ny good

TIA
Hit the front ball without hitting the back ball.
If you don't feel confident, replace the back ball with a headcover or small rolled up towel, something that won't break.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hit the front ball without hitting the back ball.
If you don't feel confident, replace the back ball with a headcover or small rolled up towel, something that won't break.

What about if there is no flip but the hands are in line with the ball at impact, not ahead by left pocket as (I assume) is desired? Any drills for that?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
This drill will encourage a downward angle of attack so it won't be possible to flip and you will take a divot after the ball.
If you watch the video again, you will clearly hear my club thump the mat.
Your hands may not be level with your left pocket but stop the flip first.
One step at a time

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This drill will encourage a downward angle of attack so it won't be possible to flip and you will take a divot after the ball.
If you watch the video again, you will clearly hear my club thump the mat.
Your hands may not be level with your left pocket but stop the flip first.
One step at a time
Been working on it and just reviewed some videos, looks like no flip, hence the question about the hands position 🙃