Flexibility / Mobility - Golf Fitness

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone have any experience of golf specific programs, specifically for flexibility / mobility (as opposed to speed training)?

I’m about as flexible as piece of 4x2 and am thinking about investing in a program. Only problem is I can’t find anything that convincingly says will tailor to me and some out there look like out and out shysters :ROFLMAO:

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone have any experience of golf specific programs, specifically for flexibility / mobility (as opposed to speed training)?

I’m about as flexible as piece of 4x2 and am thinking about investing in a program. Only problem is I can’t find anything that convincingly says will tailor to me and some out there look like out and out shysters :ROFLMAO:

Great shout

I'm in if as huds asks someone can point us all in the right direction.

GBC

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yoga, all day long, if you can find a decent teacher. On line stuff is ok so long as you know what you're doing. Classes are better as the teacher will correct you if they are any good. Guess same is true for Pilates.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've got the Golfers Guide to Pilates by Monica Clyne. Been meaning to get into it during the break but usually so knackered after work or weekends I've not actually done anything. I really need to find a window as I'm sure it would help my core and especially my bad back

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Me and my golf do a flexibility plan.

BirdietimeTV tv have some good movement videos.

Parnaby performance on FB have some example video largely based around Pilates.

Siolag

Visit site
When it comes to stretching, little and often is the key at first.

Try 5-10 mins a day. I must stress the difference it’s made to me. I was as stiff as a plank of wood before and I feel so much better now! Not just in golf but in general. And I actually enjoy stretching.

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Every time this topic comes up I recommend Fit for Golf. I find his stuff excellent.....follow him on Twitter for lots of free content or there are paid programs through his website....lots of mobility, strength and speed stuff.

Siolag

Visit site
Every time this topic comes up I recommend Fit for Golf. I find his stuff excellent.....follow him on Twitter for lots of free content or there are paid programs through his website....lots of mobility, strength and speed stuff.

I will have a look at that. Would be nice to have some progression to what I’m doing, and I feel like now I could actually do some of the movements.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

U could check out
Katherine Robert's yoga for golfers
Draovitch and Simpson complete conditioning for golf
Or paul checks golf biomechanics manual.
The latter is a bit usa churchy preachy in how he puts things and I'm not a fan of some of the premises he chooses to cite and go off as a reason to condition, but the golf exercises themselves are fine.

Edit tpi always worth a mention

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
U could check out
Katherine Robert's yoga for golfers
Draovitch and Simpson complete conditioning for golf
Or paul checks golf biomechanics manual.
The latter is a bit usa churchy preachy in how he puts things and I'm not a fan of some of the premises he chooses to cite and go off as a reason to condition, but the golf exercises themselves are fine.

Edit tpi always worth a mention
I couldn’t get away with the bio mechanics manual and it goes for a fortune.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I couldn’t get away with the bio mechanics manual and it goes for a fortune.

U could check out anything by Ramsey mcmaster, now sadly deceased but some good stuff out there still.

Mark bull and hugh marr do some stuff in reigate too.

Edit: Pauls book is just under $50 on amazon and in stock

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
with the golf spec stretching i've been doing i've seen an improvment of about 30% so far, tha was after about a month, but was from a very low starting point. not sure if its increased distance, but my pro and his asst have both done it and it has for them the young Asst reckoned he ach up to 10 yards and he already hit it a fair distance to start with.