Flat wrist!

Ian

Visit site
I have been working hard to correct two faults:

1. Consistently hitting the ball out of the toe of the club - now corrected by bringing my hands closer to my body (a hands width away) and thus standing closer to the ball. I am now conistently hitting out of the middle of the club.

2. Cupped wrist at the top of the swing, which was causing the face to be open at impact and the ball to fade (start straight drift right). I have managed to get the feel of this, but now I am hitting the ball consistently to the left (the ball starts straight and drifts left of my target line). I am setting up correctly and my grip is neutral. I suspect that because I have been correcting the open face fault caused by the wrist cup by closing the face at impact and this is now causing the draw/hook.

My question is, how should I now correct this new fault?

Adjust to a weaker grip?
Setup with the club face slightly open?
Put the ball further back in my stance?
Open stance?

These all seem to be faults in themselves and I am not keen to do introduce a fault to correct a fault. Does anyone have any ideas or drills that can help?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Swingyde will cure this....according to my pro when I showed him mine!! Don't ask for an explanation, it's beyond me.

Ian

Visit site
Just had a look at the swingyde on a number of websites. Interesting contraption, which promises to fix a lot of faults. It seems to be mostly concerned with wrist cock more than anything else. It may be worth a try though; if I can borrow one from somewhere.