Flag removal

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are your greenkeepers also experts on the transmission of disease? Otherwise, what makes them more qualified in providing an answer to this than any other club golfer? If a golfer played golf 5 times a week, they'd have touched a flag 90 times in the week pre Covid. Maybe their "opinion" would be just as valuable as a greenkeeper. But still not considered as expert advice.
Our greenstaff wear gloves all the time when on the course.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I was only making a query pal........I’m a +1 player and I know I’m not the only low player that’s having putting probs with the pins in. I’ve gave up playing until it can be sorted as I’ve developed the dreaded yips. Can’t seem to get a date that we can jump back on playing the game normally again

Not sure what relevance your handicap has but thanks for letting us all know. I wasn't knocking the question, merely predicting what kind of responses it would trigger.

tobybarker

Visit site
Given that there is no evidence covid can be transmitted through touching any surface I believe the whole no touching the flags thing is ridiculous, but the clubs don't make the rules.....

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Given that there is no evidence covid can be transmitted through touching any surface I believe the whole no touching the flags thing is ridiculous, but the clubs don't make the rules.....

There is no doubt much to be considered about the level of risk from surface contamination and in particular the level of risk outdoors from a golfing point of view , but that statement is untrue.

Last edited:

tobybarker

Visit site
Fair enough... I'll rephrase it. Very rare

Nature.com

And surely more ways for greenkeepers to get poisoned on the course than this (they'd probably have to lick the pin to have any issues, id imagine)

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
You do know you are permitted to have someone hold the flagstick steady using a club, I hope.
Didn’t know this, useful.

And reading the specific paragraph in the guidance the existence of wind isn’t necessary?

We seldom experience flagstick bending wind strengths but some tend to lean anyway and, when straight toward you, the chance of a bounce out increases.

In which case I can have someone hold it back upright (not leaning away of course) with a club?

Look forward to reactions when requesting that :)

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Are your greenkeepers also experts on the transmission of disease? Otherwise, what makes them more qualified in providing an answer to this than any other club golfer? If a golfer played golf 5 times a week, they'd have touched a flag 90 times in the week pre Covid. Maybe their "opinion" would be just as valuable as a greenkeeper. But still not considered as expert advice.
Should be closer to 180 times unless they just aren’t bothering putting it back in again. ?