Flag removal

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Personally I'm quite happy to leave them in but it would seem odd that by may 17th we may be hugging someone, source M.Gove, but we can't touch a flag. Perhaps they may review a little earlier?

you may be allowed to hug but they have not said you can shake hands:LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
you may be allowed to hug but they have not said you can shake hands:LOL:
I'm looking forward to the official list of things you will be able to do with someone from outside your household at this point. A journalist could have a lot of fun at that press conference ?. Can we get Alan Partridge in for that?

Paul Wilko

Visit site
Oh god here we go again. Let's brace ourselves for 23 pages of whether flags need to be removed or not.
I was only making a query pal........I’m a +1 player and I know I’m not the only low player that’s having putting probs with the pins in. I’ve gave up playing until it can be sorted as I’ve developed the dreaded yips. Can’t seem to get a date that we can jump back on playing the game normally again

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was only making a query pal........I’m a +1 player and I know I’m not the only low player that’s having putting probs with the pins in. I’ve gave up playing until it can be sorted as I’ve developed the dreaded yips. Can’t seem to get a date that we can jump back on playing the game normally again

This is funniest thing I’ve read whole covid!!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I'm playing with our two greenkeepers this afternoon in a club comp. The have been touching flagsticks a lot - but not when playing golf - only when mowing and cutting new holes. I will ask them when they will feel OK about the rest of us handling flagsticks and rakes.

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm playing with our two greenkeepers this afternoon in a club comp. The have been touching flagsticks a lot - but not when playing golf - only when mowing and cutting new holes. I will ask them when they will feel OK about the rest of us handling flagsticks and rakes.
Are your greenkeepers also experts on the transmission of disease? Otherwise, what makes them more qualified in providing an answer to this than any other club golfer? If a golfer played golf 5 times a week, they'd have touched a flag 90 times in the week pre Covid. Maybe their "opinion" would be just as valuable as a greenkeeper. But still not considered as expert advice.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
They said they will feel OK about it when it happens. I did not ask them for an opinion on Covid transmission, merely their feelings about flagsticks and rakes being touched by many. The main difference for greenkeepers as opposed to the rest of us is that they are in a workplace, but the rest of us are at leisure. I believe this difference is significant when taking decisions about the relaxing of restrictions and the possible consequences. The virus has not decided that it will leave flagsticks alone next month. One infected person coming to the golf course poses the same threat as it has always done, more so if some significant restrictions are lifted.