Final update

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had my last lesson of a 5 on Wednesday night.

My pro, Chris, had me work on what we had gone through over the previous 4 lessons.

1st up. Chipping. Very happy with this aspect. All I need to do now is relax a little as I come over a little wooden in the back swing.

Iron play - I still had a tiny throw at the top of the down swing. Chris showed me what I was doing and, more importantly, why I was doing it. He then, after a chat and demonstration, got me sequencing the down swing in the correct order.

I had my first range session yesterday and the improvement is dramatic with the iron and wedge play. Everything is coming out of the middle and going high and long.

null_zpsfa819803.jpg

The last thing we looked at was driving. He said the same issue was evident with the driver as it was with the irons. Get the sequencing right and the rest will follow, and he was right:

null_zps9944aee6.jpg

After the lesson I was expecting the sales pitch for more lessons, but all I got was "Go and play some golf and come back to me when you feel you've hit a plateau of are struggling with a consistent miss, then we'll work on specifics"

I played in the monthly medal today and, to be honest didn't play my best. Conditions weren't great, high winds and the odd shower, but I make no excuses as the changes will take time to bed in.

Drove the ball like a tool, but, there were plenty of signs in there that the changes are correct. Iron and wedge play was sublime and hit some absolute corkers. Putter was stone cold, which is unusual, and couldn't buy a putt all round :mad:

Ended up shooting 3 over handicap so may scrape into buffer for the second comp running CSS dependent, but, to be honest I'm expecting the 0.1 increase, but I don't mind, it's all part of the process.

Rome wasn't built in a day...... And all that :D

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
I should use your pro I'm about 15 lessons in and still going :| I am still searching for that elusive tour player swing though.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So how many times have we seen these clubs now Gazza?:whistle:

Those irons don't half mark up easy - 3 shots out of the middle and they're knackered..........:rofl:

:thup::thup:

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
So how many times have we seen these clubs now Gazza?:whistle:

Those irons don't half mark up easy - 3 shots out of the middle and they're knackered..........:rofl:

:thup::thup:

Dont forget the one awfully close to the hozel never quite managed to get rid of all the evidence :whistle: