Favourite golfer to share a beer with

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Was speaking to a mate of mine last night who met Darren Clarke on a social occassion a few weeks ago and said he was a top man and really good fun to be around - reckon a guiness with him would be amusing

John Daly and Seve are definitely on my all-time dinner party list, as is Natalie Gulbis...

Any other "must haves"?

Topper_Harley

Medal Winner
Visit site
Seve or Bobby Jones

Former Eastender Michelle Ryan would also get a look in if she took the game up

Paula Creamer is better than Natalie Gulbis Trueblue

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
Stewart Cink, when asked about US team bonding during the Ryder Cup, described Brett Wetterich as "a big goof"

Which rules him out for me

John Daly would be good fun I reckon but it would cost you a fortune in gambling chips and diet cokes

James

Hacker
Visit site
It would be Darren Clarke for me as well i reckon although i'm with true blue on Natalie Gulbis as well... j

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Darren Clarke would be firmly at the bottom of my list of players I'd like to have a beer with. He loves himself, dresses inappropriately for a man of his age and has never actually done anything that has ever made me laugh/smile. It amazes me that people think of him so fondly just because he smokes cigars and drinks Guinness. Is that all you need to do when you are famous for people to think you're a great bloke? His profile is far greater than his achievements deserve - he's had some good PR work somewhere along the line.

No. I'd far rather have a beer with Woods or Els. Woods because he's the greatest and Els because supposed to be a genuinely decent bloke.

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Can't say clarke would be up there on my list either to be honest.

Ernie would definitely be a good one- a few beers round the bbq, i can imagine Garcia would be entertaining after a few.

JamieD3

Medal Winner
Visit site
Clarke seems smug to me.

There appears to be a lack of great characters in the game at the moment. I can't say I'd be desperate to share a pint with any of the top golfers. Most of them are a bit boring but I guess that's what happens when you hit 400 golf balls every single day.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Chipin1 seems to have a bit of a beef with Clarke...has the genial Irishman run-off with Chipin's blonde lady friend or something?!

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think that's the first mention of Golf Night I've seen so far on this forum. Is that because it's such a load of old tosh that nobody's even been bothered to comment on it? It really is bad.

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I reckon Kenneth Ferrie would be a laugh. Robert Rock, Paul Broadhurst and David Howell seem like pretty decent human beings in this money-crazed self-obsessed world. Ah for the good old days...

B

birdieman

Bruce Forsyth or Tarbie, much better crack than those Lindeman clad pros who eyeball their caddie when they duff it instead of slamming their 4 iron deep into the turf toe-first, shouting at themselves "you f+%^kin useless tw*t" like us normal folks do. White belts and white trousers?? -do me a favour, these are men apparently.