Farnham 29th August (Day before H4H at Hankley)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
As is traditional with the Help For Heroes charity day, golf has been arranged for forumers and guests the day before. This year it is the lovely Farnham Golf Club, (www.farnhamgolfclub.co.uk) which is just ten minutes from Hankley Common.

A big thank you to the member at Farnham that has worked hard to get the forum a cracking deal to play the course.

£70 to include lunch. This is Farnham's County Card rate plus food. A round in August this year is £85 and will no doubt go up next year.

Lunch will be ham, egg, beans and chips, with a vegetarian/vegan option if required, and will be served from 13.00

Tee times will be from 14.00 from the first tee. Depending on numbers we will play in three or four balls. To confirm the date is Tuesday 29th August 2023.

Farnham is a beautiful course, a mixture of parkland and heathland holes. I was a member for a number of years, and whilst always a top course, the recent improvements have taken its quality up significantly. It hosted the 2021 England Golf under 18 Championship, and was named England Golf's Tournament Venue of the Year.

We have spaces for 40 golfers, and hopefully theses will all be taken up.

A big thank you to Farnham Golf Club for supporting the forum and the Help For Heroes charity with their deal. They do not normally allow societies to play on a tuesday afternoon. Thanks also to the members of the club for giving up their afternoon golf.

I will collect monies for the day in full later in June, so plenty of time to save up.;)

Put your name down on this thread if you would like to play. You do not have to be playing at Hankley the next day to play at Farnham, but I would hope a donation would be made to the charity.(y)

Cheers
Rich

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As is traditional with the Help For Heroes charity day, golf has been arranged for forumers and guests the day before. This year it is the lovely Farnham Golf Club, (www.farnhamgolfclub.co.uk) which is just ten minutes from Hankley Common.

A big thank you to the member at Farnham that has worked hard to get the forum a cracking deal to play the course.

£70 to include lunch. This is Farnham's County Card rate plus food. A round in August this year is £85 and will no doubt go up next year.

Lunch will be ham, egg, beans and chips, with a vegetarian/vegan option if required, and will be served from 13.00

Tee times will be from 14.00 from the first tee. Depending on numbers we will play in three or four balls. To confirm the date is Tuesday 29th August 2023.

Farnham is a beautiful course, a mixture of parkland and heathland holes. I was a member for a number of years, and whilst always a top course, the recent improvements have taken its quality up significantly. It hosted the 2021 England Golf under 18 Championship, and was named England Golf's Tournament Venue of the Year.

We have spaces for 40 golfers, and hopefully theses will all be taken up.

A big thank you to Farnham Golf Club for supporting the forum and the Help For Heroes charity with their deal. They do not normally allow societies to play on a tuesday afternoon. Thanks also to the members of the club for giving up their afternoon golf.

I will collect monies for the day in full later in June, so plenty of time to save up.;)

Put your name down on this thread if you would like to play. You do not have to be playing at Hankley the next day to play at Farnham, but I would hope a donation would be made to the charity.(y)

Cheers
Rich
Yes please

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes please Rich.

I played Farnham for the first time a couple of weeks ago despite living quite close I never managed it till now.. What a fantastic track it is.

They had 1 temporary green whilst doing some work on the par 5 (15th?) putting in what looks to be a new water feature. Should be superb when it's all done. I vowed to go back and play it again in the Summer so this is wonderful timing!(y)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
1. Mikejohnchapman
2. Grizzly
3. Orikoru
4. Philthefragger
5. Imurg (birthday boy ?)
6. GG26
7. Midnight
8. apj0524
9. Bratty