FAO GM team - Request for Mods (and not the scooter type!)

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Morning Gents,
Is there anyway we could get some moderators for the forum?

I ask because we are getting loads of spam threads and (not being a IT geek) could get invaded by gimps intent on spoiling the forum and if we had Mods they could ban them or ban disruptive people, not to mention the ability of being able to delete spam threads and threads started in the incorrect forum category.

We would need about 4 people so the forum could be monitored most of the time and kept an eye on.

Just an idea to get rid of the spammers like.

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Parmo

We try and delete posts as and when we see fit. You all seem to do such a good job of scaring off spammers that it seems a shame to delete some of the amusing replies. If you feel like a post should be removed send me a pm and we will take a look.

Thanks

Paul

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I actually think this is a good idea, considering the latest thread in the other forum!

There are more than enough of us on here daily to sweep up!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agreed, would quite happily volunteer my time to moderate. It does not happen often but there are some threads that are out of order and the odd post that crosses the line.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
It seems to me that the GM team are happy to leave most threads to run their course, and that's fine.
If I had one wish, it would be that 1st time posters who are simply advertising (how do these guys think the flimsy cover is not going to get rumbled?!) have their posts removed, to keep the board nice and tidy. Call me a grumpy old man, but if some dodgy postcards went up in the gent's changing room at my club or work or local Sainsbury's (house swap, boyfriend swap, giz-a-job stuff and links to pointless self promotion sites) they'd last all of as long as it takes a decent person to say....oi, NO!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
thanks for the suggestion guys, will look into this when we're back after easter as it sounds a good idea