Fantasy Teams

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
OK folks

A gentle reminder to make sure we have all updated our dream teams for the US Open. Very important as this event carries x 4 points and so if we are going to stay in 2nd place in the overall league we need as many of us to score as well as possible.

If it helps HID has gone for
Bryant, Garcia, Janzen (short of money and needed someone cheap), Mickleson, Weekley and Westwood

I've gone for Bryant, Cink, Karlsson, Mickleson, Weekley and Westwood

We both entered independantly and bearing in mind the only golf she knows is from watching on TV apart from Janzen she hasn't picked too badly.

I've gone for the steady play of trying to get as many points via players making the cut although Karlsson is obviously playing well at the moment, Westwood has a big tournament in him and Phil is obviously a San Diego boy and so I'm hoping home crownd support will help

Get onto the site and start picking. This link will tell you who is in the field

http://www.majorschampionships.com/usopen/2008/players/

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
S Garcia
T Immelman
J Ogilvie
B Curtis
B Weekley
P Mickelson

WHAT A TEAM!!!!! These lads are going to take me straight to the top of he table!!

Good luck GM, lets keep up our good form and win loads of golfing gear.

Vincent

Club Champion
Visit site
I've got a feeling that this tournament will polarise views with regard to Woods.
Half the people will think he has recovered from his knee surgery and will win in which case your team will consist of Tiger plus five others who are cheap enough to slot into your team, or like me and others above, leave Woods out and have a broad selection of top players.
For the record my team is:
Phil M
Karlsson
Cink
Slocum
Quinney
Boo

It could be make or break week...! :eek:

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Does no one on this side of the pond think Woods has a chance,
my team
Garcia
Mickelson
Casey [the token brit]
Snedeker
Slocum
Hamilton [just to fill the team]
check out the betting from gm its like my drives all over the place.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The problem with the majors is thatthe course set up actually makes it harder to pick a reasonalbe team as there are so many players with a shout. I wanted Furyk, Singh, Harrington, Casey, Jimenez etc in my team but you cant' have everyone. I went with a team I'm hoping will rack up points for making the cut as opposed to winning.

In normal weeks there are normally 10-15 players (especially on the USPGA events) that have a reasonable chance of winning or making top 10. I find it harder when it is a European event as the quality of the field seems much higher and there are more potential winners.

Is it just me or am I just getting my excuses in early?