Fairways/ Loch Ness/ Castle Heather

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
closed down today, driving range and bar still being kept going.

Its of lttle suprise TBH, prob the worste place to build a course in Inverness and is now surrounded by houses, the layout must have been changed a number of time s to allow for more and more building. Condition of the course was never good as it was on farmland and always planned for houses in the long run... whole site bought last year by the guy who ... owned Tulloch House Builders ,. Members only found out yesterday so i suppose they will all have to now move the the Kings or Inverness.

first club i was a member of up here back in 2006 and where i went from 24 to 12 in a couple of months...though not the same layout now

DCB

Visit site
I remember playing there just after it opened in the mid 90s. Some of the rough was unbelievable, never really liked the course as it was way back then, but, it had some great deals to try and fill the spaces. We had country membership for less than £100 and when we worked up at The Raigmore we were always after a place to get a game in the evenings. Fitted the bill perfectly.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I remember playing there just after it opened in the mid 90s. Some of the rough was unbelievable, never really liked the course as it was way back then, but, it had some great deals to try and fill the spaces. We had country membership for less than £100 and when we worked up at The Raigmore we were always after a place to get a game in the evenings. Fitted the bill perfectly.
when it orgin opened it was a quite long with some tough holes, but as the houses incroached the r routed all over the place, not played there in at least 5 years and it was in pretty shocking condition and i'm told its only got worse. they didn't have a greenkeeper, the prev owners mate a Gardener did it

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
The 9 holer is staying open i believe at £250 for the year.
The restaurant / bar are getting a makeover and the driving bays are getting upgraded to have top tracer.
Never a surprise about the full course really, played it last year with work, was fine for a bunch of rig pigs.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The 9 holer is staying open i believe at £250 for the year.
The restaurant / bar are getting a makeover and the driving bay are getting upgraded to have top tracer.
Never a surprise about the full course really, played it last year with work, was fine for a bunch of rig pigs.

i bet its one Top Tracer... people wont pay £10 for a buckt of balls
9 would need some serious work, more or less 3 of the old holes with greens just cut into them, esp if they want to charge.

i was speaking to a couple of the members when Sutherland bourght it and said thats the course closed then and Houses on it.... "no way" they said he is really going to invest in the course and spend money on it.... that lasted then:(

Driving range and the rest might stay, but i doubt the 9 hole will last esp with how may houses he could cram in to that space next to the Dist Road

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They also own Brucefoelds golf course (9 holer) in Stiring and it is earmarked for housing but has been delayed over the last 5byrars or so.