fairway woods

bear

Visit site
Hi , this is my first time on a forum so please bear with me, I have an old club in my bag made by someone called DAIWA I think they used to make fishing reels. Anyway it is my go to stick for fairway shots, it has written on the bottom 23degrees.My worry is that if it breaks what can I get that has the same loft but isnt like the new hybrid/rescue clubs, but like a traditional fairway wood, any suggestions are welcome, many thanks, Bear.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hi there
Welcome to the Forum

What you have is a 9 wood there
Not many of the manufacturers make them these days, some go as far as a 7 wood (21°) but the 9 is a rare beast.
You may need to use a hybrid although you can always get your Daiwa reshafted if the shaft does go...

nemicu

Head Pro
Visit site
Daiwa was a really decent brand that made quality equipment a few years back. Daiwa was used by Ian Baker-Finch to win the 1991 Open. 22.5 degrees is possible with a few newer fairways with adjustable loft theses days, but I'm guessing your Daiwa is more compact and a sweet club.

RobertB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've a full set of Diawa Trypower irons I bought in 1984 with summer job cash. £180 IIRC.

just looked in garage I've a steel shafted Diawa GC 3 wood - looks similar vintage to Trypowers and also a more recent mid '90's (?) 16 degree 'mid size' 3w with graphite shaft.