F1 2022

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Really disappointed in today. For years every driver has been forced to play wingman to Lewis for the good of the team, with Hamilton being so far behind he should have played wingy to George so that he could close the gap…

Merc can’t win the title but George has a chance of 3rd, but not if sir Lewis doesn’t play for the team.

Swango1980

Visit site
Really disappointed in today. For years every driver has been forced to play wingman to Lewis for the good of the team, with Hamilton being so far behind he should have played wingy to George so that he could close the gap…

Merc can’t win the title but George has a chance of 3rd, but not if sir Lewis doesn’t play for the team.
What a bizarre point of view.

Never heard of a team mate playing the wingman so that his team mate could fight for 3rd in the Championship.

Hamilton is only 12 points behind Russell, with many races to go. Ridiculous if he should be asked to stop fighting at this point. Especially as a large part if where they are now is Russell benefiting from safety cars and strategic decisions in a few races, Hamilton being hurt by them.

Hamilton was miles quicker at the end. There was a chance of rain (it did rain, just a little late). By him moving into 2nd, it was Mercedes best chance of a win if the rain came down, and/or Max made another unfortunate spin.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

They were on opposite strategies, Lewis was way quicker than George and Max on the softs. Had there been a safety car or some decent rain he would have been looking at a win so for me deffo the right call by Mercedes

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I normally watch the whole race but being out until late I decided to just watch the highlights at 11pm

Boy was it hard to actually follow what was going on and who was in front of who and could could finish ahead of whom.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I thought the commentary made it absolutely clear there were no team orders (they can hear all team messages) and Hamilton overtook Russell with a faster car due to the tyre choice and when he pitted) and a skilful move.

As others had said Hamilton had a chance to win and Russell did not.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I normally watch the whole race but being out until late I decided to just watch the highlights at 11pm

Boy was it hard to actually follow what was going on and who was in front of who and could could finish ahead of whom.

I can imagine it would have been difficult to follow if you were missing chunks of the race.

There was a lot going on with strategy.

It’s a shame the rain didn’t come a couple of laps earlier.

Swango1980

Visit site
I can imagine it would have been difficult to follow if you were missing chunks of the race.

There was a lot going on with strategy.

It’s a shame the rain didn’t come a couple of laps earlier.
That would have been fantastic, would have made it a very interesting finish.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd just like to confirm that, whatever it may say in any Alpine press releases, I will not be driving for Alpine next year. :ROFLMAO:

Same goes for McLaren. They haven't actually asked me yet, but as they appear to be offering Danny Ric's seat to everyone else, I assume my offer will be along soon.

Alonso and Vettel have definitely shaken up silly season this year.