F1 2022

Swango1980

Visit site
And will continue to do so as it’s media day today. It will be interesting to see Max squirm as he tries to remember what he’s been told to say.

Have you seen the Bernie interview?

He'd still take a bullet for Vladimir Putin, and the thousands of Ukrainian and Russian deaths were not intentional? Bizarre.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wow was a belting race!

Can't believe Zhou's walking round the paddock chatting to people after lap 1. Those cars are fairly well put together!

And please please please Formula 1. Stop this rubbish obsession with new "street" circuits. Proper race tracks give proper racing.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Very entertaining last few laps, and congrats to Carlos on his first win.

Two observations:

1. Why didn't any commentators point out that Russell triggered the mayhem on lap 1?
He drifted left and tagged Gasly, who had got a much better start. A racing incident and I don't blame Russell (who was probably unsighted), but I bet if it had been someone like Stroll or Tsunoda, it would have been picked up.

2. The late safety car did Lewis no favours. It brought Perez back into the race on fresh tyres in an undamaged Red Bull. Without it, Hamilton had a good chance to hunt down both Ferraris with his much younger tyres.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Very entertaining last few laps, and congrats to Carlos on his first win.

Two observations:

1. Why didn't any commentators point out that Russell triggered the mayhem on lap 1?
He drifted left and tagged Gasly, who had got a much better start.
A racing incident and I don't blame Russell (who was probably unsighted), but I bet if it had been someone like Stroll or Tsunoda, it would have been picked up.

2. The late safety car did Lewis no favours. It brought Perez back into the race on fresh tyres in an undamaged Red Bull. Without it, Hamilton had a good chance to hunt down both Ferraris with his much younger tyres.

I think in real time they weren’t sure what had happened because they didn’t show replays and then by the time they did they were focussing on the race. In the analysis following the race, it was definitely discussed as part of the cause of the incident.

Swango1980

Visit site
Just seen Michael Masi has formally left the FIA, and moved back to Australia.

I guess the writing was on the cards. When someone shows the level of incompetence he did, at such a critical time, it was probably difficult for him and the FIA to continue to have a close working relationship in the long term.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just seen Michael Masi has formally left the FIA, and moved back to Australia.

I guess the writing was on the cards. When someone shows the level of incompetence he did, at such a critical time, it was probably difficult for him and the FIA to continue to have a close working relationship in the long term.

The biggest surprise is it's taken this long.