F1 2021

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am fine with them having 2 laps behind the safety car. It rewards those that did the business on Saturday in qualifying. Maybe it needs to be made clearer that if this happens again then this is what will happen so make sure you try your best in qualifying. You also cannot blame the drivers like Russell, they don't make the rules and the smaller teams get screwed over often enough by the big boys it was nice to see them benefitting for a change.

Russell needs a step up next season without a doubt.

They actually had 4 laps behind the safety car but the first 2 didn't count. They spent the thick end of 2 hours after the first 2 laps arguing/debating over whether the race had actually started or not. They finally decided it hadn't and then did another 2 laps so they could post a result.

Other opinions are available but IMO you don't deserve a "win" or a podium finish for managing not to crash in the pissing rain during quali the day before. Plenty of folk have done a great job in quali but end up with no points as only the race result counts, and there was no race today. If conditions mean you can't race then you don't race and you move on to next week.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I see the "Hammy Haters" are again out in force....
He was disappointed that they didn't race, but completely understood the reasons why.
He made the comment that the attending fans ought be be refunded as they didn't get to see what they'd paid for. A theory echoed by about 99% of the public although impossible to do.
But no, it's suggested that he should pay them out of his own money.
I'm not fan of the way he dresses, the way he acts, but I don't hate him.
Some people are just so bitter.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Yesterday was a farce, absolutely disgusting cynical move by the FIA.

If Max ends up winning the championship by less than 5 points, it will be a very hollow victory.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Afternoon all, my eldest would like to watch a GP live. Anyone been to the British one? Was it a good experience? How much did it cost? Any tips /advice?

Cheers

Midnight...

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Afternoon all, my eldest would like to watch a GP live. Anyone been to the British one? Was it a good experience? How much did it cost? Any tips /advice?

Cheers

Midnight...

I have been to a few, including Germany, Spain and the UK. Great for the crack and the weekend, not so great for the racing, see each car briefly for a few seconds times the number of laps. Rather watch it on the TV. It's as expensive as hell, a family of four for the whole weekend you are looking at a Grand or More depending on seats and sleeping arrangements. Even for a Sunday only for 4 of you looking at £600+

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Make a weekend of it with camping, and its great fun. Don't expect to get much sleep though.

We usually camp, and I have been known to go a couple of days early to get a good pitch.

We will watch pretty much anything race. So get value out of watching the support races along with the F1 for 3 days. Plus the evening entertainment.

We always get grandstand seating so have somewhere to set up for the day and are guaranteed a decent view.

All in, I think Silverstone costs us about £1500ish (family of 4 with seating at Club). Spa in 2019 was more due to chunnel costs. It would have been cheaper on the ferry, but I don't do boats.

Next time it will probably be just me and the boy so should be cheaper. Unless we upgrade tickets or accommodation ?

Going to Friday practice at Silverstone can be a good way of deciding whether or not you want to do a full weekend. Tickets are only about £70 for the day.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Cheers
Midnight...

The wife and I went to Silverstone years ago. Based on that experience I'd never go again, although things might have changed nowadays.
It took us long enough to get in, but almost four hours to get out again was beyond a joke.
:eek::eek::eek:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
How many times have we heard drivers and team principles say ''no points on Saturday''
Driving around behind the safety car for 2 or 3 laps without being allowed to overtake is not a race and it's ridiculous to award points for a race that never happened.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
The latest whisperings are the Russell to Mercedes deal for 2022 is now signed. Bottss to Alfa to replace Raikkonen who is retiring and Giovinazzi also out at Alfa with a number of names in the frame to take the 2nd seat, one of whom is Nick de Vries. Alex Albon to come in and replace Russell at Williams.