F1 2021

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Eventful race.
And how weird was it watching Hamilton roar away from the start on his own!!
????
Strange wasn’t it.

I usually have the races on in the background whilst doing something else. Today was one of the few where you couldn’t take your eyes off of it.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
If he had gone into the pits with everyone else, wasn’t the Mercedes garage the first one, so he likely would have had to wait till everyone had passed before he could be realeased putting him near the back anyway?

Was a really strange situation. Thrilling watching Hamilton battle with Alonso.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mercedes Man of the Match to Bottas, took out both Red Bulls in the very first corner.

Horner will be extremely chuffed...

Great race, explains why Bernie Ecclestone once suggested artifically wetting the track every so often to liven things up. Maybe Bernie was on to something.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Glad Norris is OK, that was a very big shunt. Shame as he had a genuine chance of pole in today's very tricky conditions.

If anyone is looking for any unique F1 memorabilia, there will be a McLaren F1 car in a skip at the back of the Spa circuit later today.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Need a wet race today, could really mix things up

Forecast for today is the same as yesterday. Will be interesting to see how the teams cope with a wet track as most used up all their inter tyres in quali and could well need inters for the race but don't have any fresh sets left.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currently pissing down, start delayed and Perez already out after crashing on his way from the pits to the grid.

Anyone could win this and if you like a bet, lump your mortgage money on a safety car at some point.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
No-one seems to be clear what the rules are re. has the race started, do the 2 laps behind the safety car count towards anything, what the time limit is to complete the race etc., but still seriously pissing down with rain and I can't see any race laps in anger happening today.

D

Deleted member 18588

Absolutely farcical!

Apparently trying to put on a race for the spectators but where is the spectacle in following the Safety Car?

It was obvious that the conditions were no better than when the original attempt was aborted.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Aye, a bit mental when the giys who run the race don't know their own rules. And what is the point of having an official result that is made up of 2 laps in the pishing rain behind the safety car at a pace I could keep up with in my diesel powered family saloon?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is one for the record books and pub quizzes -

In what year did all the drivers finish the race at Spa-Francorchamps

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Aye, a bit mental when the giys who run the race don't know their own rules. And what is the point of having an official result that is made up of 2 laps in the pishing rain behind the safety car at a pace I could keep up with in my diesel powered family saloon?

I am fine with them having 2 laps behind the safety car. It rewards those that did the business on Saturday in qualifying. Maybe it needs to be made clearer that if this happens again then this is what will happen so make sure you try your best in qualifying. You also cannot blame the drivers like Russell, they don't make the rules and the smaller teams get screwed over often enough by the big boys it was nice to see them benefitting for a change.

Russell needs a step up next season without a doubt.