F1 2021

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Actually, it was free play in the pivot mechanism of the DRS wing which the FIA agreed it was. Not design issues or deliberate cheating (Red Bull, Ferrari come to mind). Other teams have been allowed to make changes in parc ferme when there has been damage issues, the Red Bull rear wing having cracks in the week before being the most recent before.
Say what you will about Hamilton, but I dont for one second think Toto Wolf is going to knowingly cheat (and no do I think Hamilton would either).
Havent in any way said it was deliberate, but their tolerances were out.

Swango1980

Visit site
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I despise Red Bull and Verstappen. Disgusting outfit of a side, and being cynical, have the F1 officials in their back pocket. If there was no penalty given to Max for pushing Hamilton off the track, then they can never penalise another driver again for pushing someone off the track. Because that was clear cheating tactics today. Lewis was well ahead, and Max simply decided not to break going into corner to get back ahead, the push Lewis and himself miles off the track. Absolute joke.

Max then weaves all over the place when Lewis behind him later. Gets black and white flag, and he gives a little sarcastic comment. Because he knows he is immune to rules unlike other drivers.

Thankfully, justice was done with Lewis winning. Mind, a 5 seconds time penalty would have made things interesting with Bottas closing in at the end.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brilliant drive from Hamilton in a lightning quick car.

Max got away with one there on turn 4. No surprise there.

Red Bull said that any new engine for them now wont bring enough power gain to warrant it. I think they may be pinning their hopes on the FIA finding something illegal on the rear wing or a Toto Halfords edition tuning box in the power plant ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Phenomenal result for Hamilton! Justified Merc's decision to sacrifice places for the new engine!
MV's action may/may not have justified further action (I didn't see race/incident and can't believe there's that much bias from FIA) but I still hope he hangs on for the title.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Phenomenal result for Hamilton! Justified Merc's decision to sacrifice places for the new engine!
MV's action may/may not have justified further action (I didn't see race/incident and can't believe there's that much bias from FIA) but I still hope he hangs on for the title.
I did, and TBH it was a blatant move that put himself onto the run off area and LH well deep into it. Then there was the very obvious weaving down the straight when LH was getting ready to pounce.
MVs has no class whatsoever.

Last edited:

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From the on-board you can quite clearly see his front wheel straighten mid corner, he knew exactly what he was doing. Any other driver would have been penalised but as usual RB seem to be immune. Can only guess Marko has some dodgy pictures of Michael Massi...

Swango1980

Visit site
Inter Lagos is too hard to overtake, can’t see him getting higher than 4th, but you never know!
This aged well

Including the Sprint Race, I think Hamilton overtook about 25-27 cars (including Verstappen twice, and thankfully only rammed off the track on one of those occasions). He wouldn't have done that at Monaco, a track where your comment would have been a sound one.