extra 20 to thirty yards

Spiderfaegovan

Visit site
hi im spider fae govan
I play with my club in Glasgow and love every minute,i am 72 years young and need an extra 20 30 yards,
can you sugest a set of clubs that would help, I have a mobility buggy that help with the distance, but I miss being competitive
can you help
look to hearing from you
thanks Jim Kelly

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I'm the same age as you & recently found that my swing has been getting progressively shorter, but even though I'm quite supple & can still swing past the horizontal. Get yourself videoed & make sure you are turning your shoulders fully.

P. S. The Wilson D7s gave me an extra 15 to 20 yards over my Mizuno JPX 850s

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Depends on what suits you. If you don't mind playing fairly chunky irons the Ping G700s are long and forgiving. Give them a try if you can.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you use regular shafts or soft regular/senior?

plus one on this question.

I have a mate who refused to change to senior flex for years but finally took the bullet this year and it has transformed his game with one win in the couple of months since the switch.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
plus one on this question.

I have a mate who refused to change to senior flex for years but finally took the bullet this year and it has transformed his game with one win in the couple of months since the switch.
I asked if it would be a good idea to change the Reg shaft on my M2 to a lighter senior shaft, seemingly not a good idea.
as the shaft and head need to be compatible

Last edited:

User20204

Visit site
Sure I mentioned this the other week, guy I played with a couple months ago bought a new driver which he used against me last week, he was easily 20-30 yards further than he was with his previous club.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Maybe a more powerful battery in your buggy would give you more distance :unsure:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I asked if it would be a good idea to change the Reg shaft on my M2 to a lighter senior shaft, seemingly not a good idea.
as the shaft and head need to be compatible

There is nothing wrong with trying different shafts with heads.

I play the M4 and have a different shaft in the TM offerings.

The guy I am taking about was sold the M3 by a mate with a senior flex shaft bought from another source.

The senior shaft does not have to lighter or heavier just more flexible.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Springveldt

Visit site
Lighter shafts and strongly lofted "game improvement" irons would be your best bet.

I've been using the Superspeed Golf sticks for the last 6 weeks and it seems like I'm hitting the ball further but that could also just be because of the warmer weather right now. I'll need to get back on a GC2 to check ball speed to see if it has improved. There are a few older guys using them on the MyGolfSpy forum and they all say they work for them.