Exclusive! NEW Mizuno MP-5 & MP-25 irons and S5 Wedges

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Mizuno fans will have doubtless seen some info leaking out from Mizuno HQ last week about the new MP irons and S wedges that are coming in September

GM was given the exclusive to test them with Mizuno tech guys making up sets for us on the tour truck and giving them to us in an unmarked box over the back fence of the range at The Open!

We whisked them off to Fairmont St Andrews to shoot some first look vids which you can see below

WARNING these are stunning clubs - you may drool and check your bank balance while watching the vids!

MP-5 irons http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/gear-news/mizuno-launches-new-channel-back-mp-5-iron-76110
MP-25 irons http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/gear-news/mizuno-unveils-new-mp-25-iron-76086
S5 wedges http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/gear-news/mizuno-s5-wedge-revealed-76199

Full test videos and reports in the coming weeks

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
having to deal with things like this must be a real pain Mike....

fascinating to see the 5's back; and compare it to a set of Wilson Staff Fluid Feel 'muscle backs' - the complete opposite approach, and I suspect a marked difference in playability for the good, but not that good, player!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
saw a shot of Luke's bag at St Andrews and looked like a new driver in there as well. said JPX and Something else on it, did you see one of those as well?

Irons look really nice, not sure on the wedges though.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
saw a shot of Luke's bag at St Andrews and looked like a new driver in there as well. said JPX and Something else on it, did you see one of those as well?

Irons look really nice, not sure on the wedges though.

we saw the driver a while back but can't say anymore than that! 2016 release if the rumours are correct

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
OMG!!!! You know those cartoons where the wolf's jaw drops to the floor, his tongue rolls out like a red carpet and while his eyes pop out of his sockets he drools enough to fill Loch Ness...

Absolutely stunning clubs. I'm going to have to try some and hope and pray I can do them justice. Would love to change my irons next season but I very much doubt I could play with either of these models.

Wow, just wow!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Liking the look of the blue wedges, they'll match the JPX850's at the other end of the bag, might well be the end of the Cleveland wedges.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a hint of these old Hogans about the channel backs maybe?

apex_channel_back_large.jpg

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dear Mike,

Please can I have a set of the MP-5s. Pretty please. Pretty pretty please.

Yours,

Matthew, 28, Norfolk

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I still cant get into the look of the MP 25... duno what it is, just dont like it. However the more I look at the MP 5 the more I like it.

V

vkurup

Looks good, but need to hit it to feel it..

Mike: Can you put a NSFW warning on this thread..