Excitement -> First Lesson -> Erm...

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi All

Well, decided to book my first lesson before I start to develop some bad habits and was really looking forward to it.. so much I didn't get much sleep the night before :D.
Anyway, turned up and could not hit a ball to save my life! Needless to say it took me a ew days to recover - but I did :)

Being 6'4" and lanky the main thing I have to sort is that I am too high with the hands and I need to be more around my body.

At the range last night and managed to break out the selfie stick and record my swing with a Pitching Wedge and my Driver.

I'm surprised at how flat my swing now is and how much better it feels. It's almost like a one plane swing... I think.

Have alook below at the 3 second files lol and let me know what you think I am doing right and if you want what I am doing wrong.

I'm hitting it really straight and pretty ar so happy with that. I know my feel are a bit flat at impact but my hips are open (ish) and I have a slight dip and raise.

Looking forward to some comments :D :D

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgdMmfiycWh8lfAZmlRZT6CD6YENBA?e=Yhm6yr

Mattie

gary996

Visit site
Looks good... if anything my untrained and professional opinion you probably take it on the inside too much (though doesn’t really affect you shallowing the club).
Your follow through could probably be tidied up by turning firearms through impact rather than pulling your arms through.

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looks good... if anything my untrained and professional opinion you probably take it on the inside too much (though doesn’t really affect you shallowing the club).
Your follow through could probably be tidied up by turning firearms through impact rather than pulling your arms through.
Yes my follow through is a bit sloppy - lanky weak arms I blame :)

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

Is that the key to shooting a low score? ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you're happy to hit a fade, don't let others try and fix you because they probably will try.
Just try and groove your fade, work on your distance control from 100yds and in and remember, new shiney clubs probably won't make you a better golfer, that only comes from practice and play.

Good swing.

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you're happy to hit a fade, don't let others try and fix you because they probably will try.
Just try and groove your fade, work on your distance control from 100yds and in and remember, new shiney clubs probably won't make you a better golfer, that only comes from practice and play.

Good swing.
What Im not happy with is being inconsistent. I don't know what I am doing but after my first lesson I now have an idea of hat I should be doing. I'd like to be able to hit a draw and a fade at some point :)
But yes... I did think "Shall I just continue with what I have..." but decided I would give a few lessons a go.