Electric trolley

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
My old trolley was making a motor bike type noise when it was under power moving forward, I ended up replacing it, but I had just bought a new 36hole lithium battery so was wanting to try fix the noise i opened up the motor and made it worse put it back together and left it for a couple of months, anyway last night I tried again and sprayed some wd40 in it and the noise went away running fine by all accounts, until I put the wheels on and noticed it's going backwards under power not forwards, not sure what I have done or if anyone knows why it's now doing that

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My old trolley was making a motor bike type noise when it was under power moving forward, I ended up replacing it, but I had just bought a new 36hole lithium battery so was wanting to try fix the noise i opened up the motor and made it worse put it back together and left it for a couple of months, anyway last night I tried again and sprayed some wd40 in it and the noise went away running fine by all accounts, until I put the wheels on and noticed it's going backwards under power not forwards, not sure what I have done or if anyone knows why it's now doing that
Does it have spade connectors ?
If so you may have just put them back on the wrong terminals.
When doing something like this photograph it on your phone before you disconnect anything.
So if it’s not making the noise backwards it sounds like a bearing needs replacing .
Does the noise get worse with the bag on?
If so it could be the wheel bearings.
The wheels only go on one way make sure they are on the right side.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I fixed it, when I put it back together the magnets were turned the wrong way round, I didn't think that would matter but that's all I did and it's now working going forward, I can hear some noise on the fastest speed setting when I lift the trolley up and free the wheels from the ground but it's fine on my walking setting which is 5,

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does it make the noise if you run it without the wheels?
Sometimes the main shaft gets a bit bent (rough terrain) this can wear the bearings.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Same noise with or without wheels
Does it make the noise if you run it without the wheels?
Sometimes the main shaft gets a bit bent (rough terrain) this can wear the bearings.
Same noise with or without wheels I do think there is a bend in the shaft as there is a wobble when upside down so something is not alined correctly

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
you can see the motor and gearbox moving from side to side slightly makes the same noise if I turn the wheels manually by hand

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are designed to have some movement in but the bend in the shaft won’t be helping.
When your bag is on it it exaggerates everything.
If it’s still in good nick get a local Powakaddy service centre to have a look as it’s hard to diagnose anything without seeing it.

If you can take the motor off again and turn the wheels .
If it still makes the noise my guess it’s the gearbox.
No noise the motor possibly worn bearings.

I am sure this model has a Coupling Spider it’s a plastic adapter that joins the motor to the gearbox it’s acts as a shock absorber as well.
It’s very hard to say it’s this but that’s where I would start given the noise and movement and everything seems to be working.

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Check the wheels are not sided L - R, you may have them wrong.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah I checked that, I opened the gearbox but cant fully separate it attached to the trolley frame, I'm 70% sure it's the gearbox, i need to replace some chewed screws and I'll get back to it tomorrow