Electric trolley recommendation pls

Bassfisher

Visit site
Please , what good value power trollies would you recommend. I’m returning to the game at 24 h’cap, don’t want to spend a fortune but reliability and usability are the main things, thanks

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Go-Kart is the standard reply.

I've had one for 3-4 years. Solid, simple, does what it needs to do without any fancy bells and whistles.

I have not needed it but the customer service is hugely well regarded on here.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Another one for the GoKart. I've had mine for about 10 years and it's given me great service. I've looked at the new ones but until this gives up the ghost I can't see any reason to change. Highly recommended.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Have a look at Powerbug, I got one about a year ago, it’s done 500 miles and no problems with it at all.

Folds down small and it’s east to set up

Bassfisher

Visit site
Interesting, thank you , what options do you recommend - battery wise? I normally only play 18 holes so Im guessing that a lithium , long lasting 18 hole battery option would be fine?

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have a look at Powerbug, I got one about a year ago, it’s done 500 miles and no problems with it at all.
/QUOTE]

I've got shoes that have done 3 x that and a Go Kart that has done 8 x that and still no probs (apart from Donald Duck type noises that were soon cured with a bit of axle grease to the front wheel axle. (y) :)

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Bought a GoKart with money for my 50th birthday - a few months after the event. I'm 60 at the end of the month and still a loyal user.

The customer service is so good I would feel guilty to even consider changing brands!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting, thank you , what options do you recommend - battery wise? I normally only play 18 holes so Im guessing that a lithium , long lasting 18 hole battery option would be fine?
I have the 18 hole lithium and that is plenty. It has never even come close to running low on juice and I've used it on all types of courses, long, hilly, long and hilly etc. If you only play 18 then that will be fine.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Mark 2 GoKart has all the niggles ironed-out from the Mark 1 that I had for over 6 years & was still doing 27 holes on a Lithium 18 hole battery when I sold it on ebay for £140.
I'd suggest considering getting an umbrella holder, overall rain cover & storage bag but not the winter Hedge-hogs as I found that they chock-up too readily so we now sport 10" wheel H/Hog Sleeves fixed over the regular wheels...... the longer 'spines' avoid clogging..... well.... have so far ;);)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have the 18 hole lithium and that is plenty. It has never even come close to running low on juice and I've used it on all types of courses, long, hilly, long and hilly etc. If you only play 18 then that will be fine.
This. I have the 18 hole Lithium and it is sooooo much lighter than the Lead Acid, charges faster and holds its charge better.

On the wheels question, I find the standard treads on my GoKart hold the terrain pretty well and ours is a hilly course that can get quite wet at times. You just have to think about where you go.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can highly recommend Powerbug, great build quality and reliable!

Have had my old one for about 7 years and I bought it 2nd hand and its still going strong.

Bought the latest model earlier this year as with a new trolley you get a 3 year warranty whereas just buying a new Lithium battery and charger would only get me a 1 year warranty so figured the extra money to get the new trolley was worth It for 3 years of peace of mind!

Did have one issue with previous one which was just a case of the on/off button cover coming off but one phone call and they sent me out 2 new ones foc.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I have the 18 hole lithium and for the first couple of years I would easily get 36 holes out it. Without a bit of management it currently runs out about the 34th or 35th hole of our particularly hilly course.
I take it to the course prior to a round push it along a couple of the flat holes, store it in my locker until the next round, play 18, take it home and charge it. Rinse and repeat. Not bad for a three year old, 18 hole battery.

sunshine

Visit site
Is it normal for an 18 hole battery to last 36? If I got a trolley it would mainly be for the few occasions every year when I play 36.

I feel we need a thread about getting custom fit for your trolley :LOL:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just get something simple .
All you need it for is to carry your clubs .
Like cars trolleys have become so complicated with all bells and whistles.
Have a FW 5 powakaddy it’s brilliant.
And deffo the lithium option.
So much choice ,but the lads on here have done all the testing for you.
Some good recommendations.