Ebay

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Got an old driver I'm after selling because I don't get on with the stiff shaft.

If I put it on eBay and post using the labels you get from them and print out, would the post office give some sort of proof it had been sent? And would it have to be signed for by the person receiving it?

Asking because I've heard some stories about people saying they haven't received items when they have to try and scam you out of it

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Got an old driver I'm after selling because I don't get on with the stiff shaft.

If I put it on eBay and post using the labels you get from them and print out, would the post office give some sort of proof it had been sent? And would it have to be signed for by the person receiving it?

Asking because I've heard some stories about people saying they haven't received items when they have to try and scam you out of it
I wouldn't use the Post Office I'd choose EBay's Shutl service & specify insured & signed for. You get these options when you select "Print postage label"

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The problem is the length of the parcel with a driver. It has to go by Parcelforce which costs a fortune but will be tracked and traced.

Personally I use Myhermes but it has a maximum parcel length of 1200mm so drivers need a bit of ingenuity (ie packing on the diagonal) to get within this. The cost is way way cheaper than and it includes track and trace.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
The problem is the length of the parcel with a driver. It has to go by Parcelforce which costs a fortune but will be tracked and traced.

Personally I use Myhermes but it has a maximum parcel length of 1200mm so drivers need a bit of ingenuity (ie packing on the diagonal) to get within this. The cost is way way cheaper than and it includes track and trace.

Buyer pays postage don't they so not massively bothered about price. I just don't want them to be able to lie and say they've not received it and try and claim the money back and keep the driver

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Buyer pays postage don't they so not massively bothered about price. I just don't want them to be able to lie and say they've not received it and try and claim the money back and keep the driver[/Q

I do not know about others but when I see high postage costs I am simply put off bidding. Lower your postage cost and you will probably get more bidders.

parcel force £12.12

Myhermes about £4

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you have never done it before note ebay and paypal charge commission on postage charges so remember to factor that in on your start price.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah will do. Can eBay just pay straight to a bank account? Or do you have to use PayPal?

If you are knew to selling you have to use Paypal as security for the buyer against being ripped off by a seller. I believe there is also a delay for new sellers getting the money transferred from paypal to a bank account whilst they wait to check there is no charge back.

Their anti fraud methods have improved massively compared to 25 years or so ago.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not worthy of a new thread but here is an odd one. I have been following a putter on Ebay, starting price £40. No bids up to yesterday, it finishes around 6pm this evening. I check it out this morning and it states £40, 12 bids :unsure:. How does that work? 12 bids yet the price doesn't change.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Not worthy of a new thread but here is an odd one. I have been following a putter on Ebay, starting price £40. No bids up to yesterday, it finishes around 6pm this evening. I check it out this morning and it states £40, 12 bids :unsure:. How does that work? 12 bids yet the price doesn't change.

I think it's whoever made the starting bid going back on and increasing their maximum bid

Springveldt

Visit site

I use Myhermes for all my eBay stuff as well, the local garage that is 200 yards from my door is a collection point. Usually only costs £4 odds with signature since if it's just a single club it's under the 1KG.

For drivers, I just use the wrench tool to take the head off, stick the screw back into the hole then bubble wrap it. Then I bubble wrap the shaft and cut down the cardboard box to be under 120CM (if required). Works a charm, sold 3 drivers like that.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use Myhermes for all my eBay stuff as well, the local garage that is 200 yards from my door is a collection point. Usually only costs £4 odds with signature since if it's just a single club it's under the 1KG.

For drivers, I just use the wrench tool to take the head off, stick the screw back into the hole then bubble wrap it. Then I bubble wrap the shaft and cut down the cardboard box to be under 120CM (if required). Works a charm, sold 3 drivers like that.

Prettty much what I do, always check that the buyer has a wrench first though ;)

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Can only be the first bidder placing increasing bids x12. The price will stay at £40 until someone else bids. The implication is that the first bidder's maximum bid is a good bit more than £40.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can only be the first bidder placing increasing bids x12. The price will stay at £40 until someone else bids. The implication is that the first bidder's maximum bid is a good bit more than £40.
Very odd to add 12 times. They must really have wanted it but couldn't make up their mind as to what their top bid must be. I left it alone, as you say their max bid must be quite high.