Dummies guide to Belek

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Not been before but this is penned in next March.

Can anyone recommend the best value hotels / courses out there that they would insist on staying / playing (we are budgeting around £1400 for 4 nights).

We are a very mixed bunch, a lot of the lads are more focused on food and golf where a couple of us would rank nightlife as just as important.

Obviously value is priority. Any help appreciated 🙏

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
There aint much nightlife outside of the hotels and the food will be pretty similar in most of them.

My preferred courses are the National, Pasha (a shorter thinking mans course in my opinion), Sultan, Caraya and Montgomerie Maxx Royal. Lykia Links is further afield and can be a brute if you play it off the longer tees. To be honest though...most of the courses are decent enough (unless you are unlucky enough to play them during routine maintenance) and five different people will give you seven different opinions as to what the best courses are.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try Bilyana Golf for booking and look at The Serene hotel which is attached to the Pasha and Sultan courses. Both ideal for holiday golf.

IanMcC

Visit site
Bilyana are the first choice for booking. The Sueno is good value, with 2 decent courses. Even if you stay in the cheaper Golf complex, you can eat in the Deluxe.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Get off the ferry at Calais and head southwest.
When you get to Istanbul, keep going for about 100 miles, then turn right.
Head for the sea for about 6 hours and it's there, you can't miss it

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Try Bilyana Golf for booking and look at The Serene hotel which is attached to the Pasha and Sultan courses. Both ideal for holiday golf.
+1 for the Sirene - the Sultan and Pasha are great courses.
The Gloria hotels are rather better than the Sirene, but the Gloria courses are not quite so enjoyable.
The Cornelia hotels are about on a par with the Sirene, and the associated Faldo course is, shall we say, "interesting", especially the Prince loop.
But there isn't a bad course in Belek, and of all the hotels I've stayed in, the only one I'd never return to is Lykia World, which is a shame because the Lykia course is great.
If expense is no object, the Regnum Carya and Max Royal hotels have a reputation of being the best. But I've never been able to afford them.

stgolf37

Visit site
we've done Belek many a time, most recent was May 2024. Stayed in Serene with the Pasha and Sultan attached to the hotel for the price (booked through Bilyanna Golf). We also played the National and Montgomorie. The Montgomorie is All Inclusive with food/drink pre and post game in with the price of a round. Last year we stayed at Kaya Plazzo which also has it's course and All Inclusive of the hotel price. All courses are in a good state, hotels are AI but would recommend using Bilyanna Golf...they've never failed us

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As has been said earlier, very little nightlife outside the hotels.

Titanic would meet your needs, 24 hour sports bar and a nightclub/disco on till around 3am for those more interested in partying.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
anyone played either of the Cullinan courses - Olympos and Aspendos ?

Our Sunday Skins group is currently getting quotes for next May and a couple of quotes have included these courses....none of us have ever played them so was wondering what they were like.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played the Olympos last year, and it was the least inspiring course I have played in Turkey. Lacking in definition and character, it was a disappointment. Probably because it had been redesigned, it hadn't been mapped for SkyCaddie so it was an adventure. Kids playing in bunkers on the fourth green was another hazard that I've never encountered before. On the whole, it was scruffy and poorly maintained. Perhaps it has improved, but I certainly won't be rushing back.