Dubbin on golf shoes. Yes or No?

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
In fact the patented Homer method has more stages.

Bring shoes home
Get wife to wipe over with baby wipes to clean residual debris shoe cleaning machine missed
Tell wife to pack with newspaper if wet/damp
Leave several days to dry properly
Get wife to apply polish
Leave to dry
Get wife to apply dubbin
Leave to dry
Put back in box
And then: Hire good solicitor to defend wife's divorce claim for unreasonable behaviour! :)

Last edited:

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Ecco shoes incorporate a goretex membrane which keeps them waterproof therefore Dubbin would be a waste of time. I use Kiwi Parade Gloss on mine.

The Dubbin actually soaks into the leather, maintains its suppleness, prevents it from drying out or cracking. Parade gloss is terrible stuff to use, a lot of turps contained in it that drys leather out. The gore-tex membrane only lasts so long and its always better to look after the leather that protects the gore-tex.

If you look after any shoes that are real leather with Dubbin from the off, the only time you should need to use a polish is if there is any loss of pigment. And never dry them on a radiator or heat always naturally to prevent shrinkage or cracking. Looked after shoes should outlast the soles by many years. I have walking boots that I had re-soled 3 times and they are still comfortable, not waterproof because the liner is punctured but okay on damp days and still as soft as the day they were bought.

D

Deleted member 15344

Adizeros are synthetic though - the dubbin should make zero difference ?

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site

Bring shoes home
Get wife to wipe over with baby wipes to clean residual debris shoe cleaning machine missed
Get wife to apply polish
Leave to dry
Get wife to apply dubbin
Leave to dry
Put back in box

I'm confused.
Put shoes or wife back in box?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
then I use a liquid polish with the foam on the end of a bottle to clean them properly.

You do surprise me - what with you being an ex army man! :p

What happened to the black Kiwi - yellow duster - moisten- and a good old bit of "Bulling yer boots"?

:thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You do surprise me - what with you being an ex army man! :p

What happened to the black Kiwi - yellow duster - moisten- and a good old bit of "Bulling yer boots"?

:thup:

I can assure you the toes of the shoes glisten far more than the rest of the shoe :smirk:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Bring shoes home
Get wife to apply polish
Leave to dry
Get wife to apply dubbin
Leave to dry
Put back in box

Do they always have wet weather in Bracknell then.

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
The only problem with just using shoe polish is that it can eventually lead to the leather drying out and cracking. You also need to use a leather conditioner to nourish the leather