Driving Range

baz1982

Visit site
Hi folks,
Is it worthwhile going to the range in this sort of weather? with so much snow and water on the ground your not going to get much feedback on distance and spin? if it is worth going in this weather what should i be looking to get out of the visit this time of year?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your not going to get a lot of feedback on true distance and spin on the majority of ranges with the reduced distance one piece balls.

Hello and welcome by the way. :lol:

Alan

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a lesson today at the range with about 12inches of snow and blizzards to fire towards. The ain't getting those balls back till May.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sure is. I like to work on my swing and I know if I've middled it so the actual result as to distance isn't important. If it feels good, starts good and then I'm not sure where it lands then it's still good!

sniggy05

Hacker
Visit site
Spin !! wow i only go to work on my swing,especially after a lesson,just want to be hitting the ground running so to speak when season starts.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Finally got to a range tonight. First time I've hit a ball since January 13th. A few shanks down to movement and timing early on but once I got into it the ball striking was still as good as it has been lately. Still glass full up. At the range all I want to focus on is the quality of the strike and the direction. Distance doesn't come into any equation. It is a place to work on technical stuff leaving my head free to trust it out on the course