Driving Irons

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I struggle off the tee with the use of drivers and fairways woods, and so I resort to irons and hybrids, of which I am quite consistent with.

Would the purchase and use of a driving iron be any good too me? Can anybody help me here?

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I struggle off the tee with the use of drivers and fairways woods, and so I resort to irons and hybrids, of which I am quite consistent with.

Would the purchase and use of a driving iron be any good too me? Can anybody help me here?

The short answer is no. A lot of people find them harder to hit than a driver. A low H/c player may find it easier, but in my opinion thats about all. That is only my opinion though.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I played with a guy at an open last year that used an old driving iron. He hit the thing as far as me and the other person in the 3 ball.

can't remember what make it was and was but not one i recognised though.

He couldn't use a driver at all, tried it on one hole and went about half the distance of the driving iron with a massive slice too.

griffgolf

Head Pro
Visit site
If you cannot play consistant with the long irons I would not bother with a driving iron.

I play a 1 iron in my bag instead of fairway wood because I hit long irons well.

Have you considered the Ping K15 driver?...try it and see :)