Driving Iron / Hybrid or Wood?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I suspect that will be all the replies late in the evening after a drinking session
?????? thought I would get it in early before I have a drink.
Joking aside, 200 yd straight for me at the moment is a lottery. A 3 X out of ten is 200 yd drive with run out. If I cream one 1 out of ten does 230yds.
The rest of them is a fade going 160-170.
Take yesterday I nibbled a drive 20yds, it was sat up nice a yard in front of the womens tee box. I smashed a 3 wood 200 plus yards straight as an arrow into a ditch. ?

Captain_Black.

Visit site
I'm mostly pretty good with my driver.
Faced with a wide open fairway I usually hit the fairway no problem.
But, trouble down the sides seems to get in my head, if I hit the driver invariably I'll end up in all kinds of trouble.
I had tried a 3 wood with similar results to the driver.
My go to club for a tight par 4 / 5 is my 3 hybrid, my only issue with that club is occasionally I hook it.
Hence my search for a reliable off the tee club.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
So you are about to tee off on a short (ish) par 4
Danger down both sides, maybe a dog leg.
You need a reliable 200 yard club that you just know will go straight 99% of the time.
What do you use?
A Driving Iron / Wood or a Hybrid?

I have a TM Stealth 2-iron which I use from the tee anyway. I’m pretty straight with it and in summer, when the ball is running, I probably only lose 10-20 yards compared with my driver because of the lower ball flight I get with it. The driver only really comes out if there is little trouble to be found off the tee, or if conditions are such that I need more carry - invariably when the ground is wet.

To specifically answer the OP, though? Neither. I’d go 5-iron.