Driving distance

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
better to look at what kinda shape the game is in as a whole

- but generally if someone was hitting that distance

- & then regularly hitting fairways a good deal of the time (so you would need to actually check your stats to see out of 3 or 4 rounds how often you hit fairway when the driver was used)

then they should be capable (if the rest of the game was in decent shape also) of breaking 85 most of the time & also capable of breaking 80 some of the time on an average length club course

if that's not happening then there would be a bunch of other things that would need to be looked at before worrying about hitting the river any further - usually looking to swing to hit the ball better - center strike etc is a better thing to concentrate on & a bunch of lessons the best ways to find out what really needs to be addressed first off

thanks. My short game is what needs the most work. I am incosistant and lack confidence. I am normally around GIR but regularly take 4 shots to get down from inside 50 yards.

Iron play is ok. generally suffer from a slight pull for my miss and distance control is not always consistant so that needs work.

I was just wanted to cehck my driving but seems that distance is ok. maybe a little consistancy needed

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If you hit 50% fairways with 230 and you're off of 21, driving isn't your problem. I'd kill for a 50% average,so would most pros.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I hit it as far as you and I can't put !!! As others have said if you're 230 on the fairway more often than not then your long game is in good shape. When the rest follows , you're destined to be a SFG , like I was once for a week!!! ;)

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I hit it as far as you and I can't put !!! As others have said if you're 230 on the fairway more often than not then your long game is in good shape. When the rest follows , you're destined to be a SFG , like I was once for a week!!! ;)

SFG would great even if it was for just 1 week. My first goal is to get below 18 and then see where it takes me.

Hopefully some short game lessons / practice will get me well on my way but at least it sounds like my driving is in good shape