driving distance

shaunAldred

Visit site
hi, i am 15 and i was wondering how far i should be hitting the ball with my driver, usually i can giv it around 200-230 yards depending on how good my swing is that morning :L is that good for someone of my age? thanks in advance :)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It depends on how you swing the club really, and also how big you are?

Both of my kids were bigger than me when they were 15!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you are 15 and can hit the ball 200 yards plus, mostly in the fairway, you will do just fine. You have many years of improving that distance ahead of you, and don't need to hit it 300 yards unless you plan a career on the Tour.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
200 yards and straight at that age is all you need to worry about. As you begin to develop a little more as you grow clubhead speed will increase which will naturally add distance. Aim to keep it in the fairway. Look at a lot of the senior members at your course. They only hit it 150-200 yards but are always straight. Another short of the green and a chip and 2 putt (some are deadly from 50 yards) and most get a shot a hole. No panic to their game and a nightmare to play in matchplay and given away shots.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If your are hitting to the fairway mostly and of normal size and weight I would have thought that your distances are perfect.

Chris

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I play with 3 juniors quite regularly. All of them out-drive me by a long way. HOWEVER, a lot depends on your build and size and general fitness.
If 230 is a good one cleanly hit out the middle, that's pretty good going. Distance will come in time as you get bigger and stronger and better. :)

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
230 seems fine to me particually if it's in play. I'm 30 years of agand I can only hit around the 245 mark if I nail it which is rare!!! I wouldn't worry about it at all. Short game is where you save strokes not booming drives. Drive for show putt for dough as the old saying goes.

roccokj

Head Pro
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!
I'm 14 and I hit about 230-250 yards, which is further than most juniors. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most juniors hit it 220-230 where I play.