driver problems

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
hello all I've been playing really well (by my standards) recently and have seen my h'cap cut by 4 since november. Played my first round of the new year yesterday and again saw further improvement. Only problem is my driver - wicked slice or strong fade every time.

My irons are arrow straight right down to my 4 iron but i just cant control my driver at all. I'm currently playing off 19 and shot 19 over par yesterday and only hit one fairway with my driver. I still managed to hit a 5 over par on the back 9 despite this. I just feel if I could start driving the ball well my scores would really start to tumble. When I'm on the range my drives are straighter, more like gently fades rather than slices, could this be do with the balls?

My driver is a g15 with stiff flex shaft and I'm really thinking about trading it in because I feel like i've tried everything else (yes this workman is starting to blame his tools!!). When I'm driving I dont think I'm trying to hit it too hard but the swing definitely doesnt feel as natural as it does with my irons.

Any tips,advice or suggestions welcome.

JD

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you hit your irons as well as you say you do and you are getting a good contact on the driver then the biggest problem I see could be your driver shaft. If you have a shaft that is too stiff in your driver it will make you hit the ball out to the right as you are not creating enough swing speed to get the clubhead back square.

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure if the shaft alone is the problem because of the dramatic difference in ball flight between long irons and driver.

Bob sorry no I dont have a driver swing video i'll try and get one though. Problem is though when I'm at the range the problem isn't nearly as bad as out of the course.

bikky73 whats this video?