driver problems

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
so here's the issue. when i go to the range i warm up with a few pitch shots and get out the big gun. my first 10-15 shots go needle straight and far. then, after that i tend to spray them everwhere and can't get them back on track.

i've tried taking a rest which helps a little but still not great. does anyone have or had simular problems

lee_leggett

Head Pro
Visit site
I like to start with the PW then work my way up to the big stick.
I find that when i use the big stick first im all over the place as I have not found my rythm and its all power.

It does not work for all i know, but what do you have to lose?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Leave it at home and just bring your 7-wedge with you....
I only use my driver at most 4 times a round..only on our par 5's

Whats the point in bashing endless amounts of balls with that thing at the range.
All it will do is tire you out and do your head in trying to knock it into oblivion....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I usually work through the bag before hitting the driver. I'm looking to be making good shoulder turns and finding a good tempo before I get there. Once I'm ready to hit driver I only hit 10 at a go max and NEVER try and hit a the back net or a certain distance marker. I just try and pick two spots a fairway width apart and try to get the ball travelling between them even if the strike isn't always perfect.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Like stated above I'll hit 5 max then bag it for another 25 mixed shots. You don't hit 5 drives constantly on a course so why do it on the range. I find the best practice is a virtual 9 holes of my course, followed by 5 of each working my way back through the bag

The only clubs I'll hit repeatedly are wedges to different markers on our range at various distances