Driver issues

Spinn77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It'll be a swing issue - would be helpful to the real experts on here if you could post a video of you hitting a drive?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i quite confused about my golf at the moment, hitting a lovely low draw with my irons, but hitting an ugly high fade is this a swing or equipment issue?

Too far off the front foot meaning the club face is open on contact?

Alignment?

To Steep in the swing plane?

only a couple of suggestions but could be worth a try down the range, i find i start swinging to flat and have the ball creep to far central. its something i have to watch regular.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
i quite confused about my golf at the moment, hitting a lovely low draw with my irons, but hitting an ugly high fade is this a swing or equipment issue?

Im in no way an expert here especially off a higher handicap than most replies but im a little confused with the above statement......
When you say a low draw.....How low is low.....Surely off a 5 handicap your able to get the ball airborne.......
And also i dont understand how you can be drawing a ball with irons and fading it with a driver.....Surely you havent a different swingpath for both?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the same driver.
last time I was on a launch monitor swing speed was around 93. Regular didn't suit me and probably because the Stiff is not that stiff it is certainly better for me.

bad ones (and I have a few) would be high-right or low left (alignment/set up issues I think)

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
My guess is that its a matter of timing. Check that you do not overswing the driver. Its normal to go back slightly further with your woods than irons but dont over do it. Because the club head is further away from the ball you are probably getting a head of it a fraction and may explain why you are squaring the club face better with irons. I need to keep the length of my swing in check because I tend to creep towards the long side and very often fade shots as a result.