Driver issue.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have always played with stiff shafts in my driver. Everything else in the bag is regular flex but I always tend to swing the Driver a bit faster, hence the stiff shaft. its always worked for me in the past but recently I've hit a problem.

Almost every shot with the Driver either goes a little right (straight), a lot right (straight), or fades towards a slice. With every other club I hit a draw.

I'm guessing that the stiffness of the shaft is causing this and it sounds like a change is needed.

Am I right?

I've tried the Titleist 909 D2 with a regular Voodoo shaft and it was spectacularly straight. Don't particularly want to change but............

D

Deleted member 1740

I had a convo with my Pro yesterday and he said If you can shape a shot with a stiff shaft then that shaft is correct for you. If your shot is a fade then a slice then its you causing that problem.

hope this helps Imurg

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Mate of mine plays with a G10 regular shaft driver and hits the ball sweet as a nut, straight as an arrow.
He had a bash with my Benny last night, stiff shaft, and was pushing everything right
;)

Mike_j_golf

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi,
U could just change the shaft if u like the driver not sure how much a shaft is but i'd say it would be cheaper than a driver and some one might buy the voodoo shaft off you.
Mike

Socket_Rocket

Visit site
Yes it is possible to change the shaft but if its a voodoo shaft that he wants to change too then it might be cheaper to buy another driver as the voodoo is not cheap to get at the moment. I think it retails at something like £160 due to the pound not being very strong at the mo. some manufacturers do them as a standard shaft and it might work out cheaper be to buy a new driver.

Find a PGA Pro thats got a launch monitor and have a go on that and then you can find out spin rates and swing speeds with different shaft flexes ETC. The PGA Pro can always help with swing technic at the same time if that is an issue.

if a shaft is to stiff it would normally give you a push or a push slice due to clubface being open at impact.

Good luck with finding the right one!