Driver head cover

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Got my M2 driver yesterday which is great but the head cover is kinda crap - or at least I don't really like it.

I prefer the type with a sock type sleeve on it, any recommendations? Main concern was fitting, my old one for a smaller driver won't stretch over the newer sizes.

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like this :D
BottomUpHeadcoverMonkeySm.jpg

plenty here http://www.gamolagolf.co.uk/acatalog/Headcovers.html

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I disagree I think the new ones are great. Nice leather so easy to wipe clean. My previous driver was a ping g15 and it was a struggle to get on and off , this r15 (same head cover as the m2 ish) is very easy to slide on and off

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got my M2 driver yesterday which is great but the head cover is kinda crap - or at least I don't really like it.

I prefer the type with a sock type sleeve on it, any recommendations? Main concern was fitting, my old one for a smaller driver won't stretch over the newer sizes.

Yup, I got an M1 and the head-cover is rubbish, for £14 I bought a new Taylormade replacement. At the price that TM asks for the M1 and M2 it pretty disgusting to send them out with such garbage.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Taylormade Pom Pom is one I like can get on eBay blue white and red I have one you can have for the price of posting as know longer have a TM driver

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site

Horrible Things , (in my opinion of course)

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just bought myself a new Ping G SF Tec driver. Lovely club but hateful head cover. The only plus points are the built in pockets to make pulling it on easier.

Horrible thing compared to the proper ones on G30's. Still at least it's not quite as bad as the TM and Callaway ones.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I like these, I have my Garfield for my driver but I want something for my Mini-driver, the main driver covers are too big for it and the 3w's are too small as it's a 260cc head, would this kind of pom pom fit on a Mini OK, ideally without the No1?

pom pom.jpg

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Taylormade Pom Pom is one I like can get on eBay blue white and red I have one you can have for the price of posting as know longer have a TM driver

Thanks for the offer Tab, I was a little too hasty clicking buy on Amazon for a pom Pom one that's been recommended or I'd have gladly paid you for it.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks chaps, ordered a Pom Pom TM one off amazon as I had a voucher :)

i I think I might try and modify the m2 one and look at sewing a sock / sleeve onto it.....

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used a club branded one which is the same as the TM Pompom. Unlike the titleist the TM and club one have the elastic neck so it doesn't come loose.

Can't work out why the manufactures use the boxing glove style when everyone hates them, myself included