Driver fitting

hoop67

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi.Going for a driver fitting tomorrow at American golf.Couple of questions.Should i take my driver that i use just now.Should i take a pair of golf shoes.How much does it normally cost?.Cheers.

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Definitely take your driver - something to compare the potential new ones to. I would also take my golf shoes too and a glove if you wear one.

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
...not sure on cost from AG though. The shop where i had my irons fitted charge £25 i think, to cover their time, unless you buy the clubs, then its free.

hoop67

Assistant Pro
Visit site
...not sure on cost from AG though. The shop where i had my irons fitted charge £25 i think, to cover their time, unless you buy the clubs, then its free.
Do you have to book a time or can you just go in and get it done?Def plan of buying one.....if it is better than the one i have!!

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If they haven't already got someone booked in then they will accommodate you. I have been to my local AG without an appointment many time and gone on the trackman.

hoop67

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If they haven't already got someone booked in then they will accommodate you. I have been to my local AG without an appointment many time and gone on the trackman.
Thanks for the info.Any idea how long it takes roughly?

hoop67

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well.Went to american golf this morning.Guy let me hit a few balls to warm up.When he came back he gave me a few clubs to try.Big bertha ,nike driver and a benross.After hitting a few balls he asked me to hit my driver again.Told me that my driver was the best of all and that i had no need to purchase a new one.Great i thought.nice of him to say that
On the way out i had a look around.I then thought to myself.Why didnt he offer me the rbz stage 2 the callaway x hot2 or a couple of other drivers.Left with more questions than answers to be honest.

Last edited:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well.Went to american golf this morning.Guy let me hit a few balls to warm up.When he came back he gave me a few clubs to try.Big bertha ,nike driver and a benross.After hitting a few balls he asked me to hit my driver again.Told me that my driver was the best of all and that i had no need to purchase a new one.Great i thought.nice of him to say that
On the way out i had a look around.I then thought to myself.Why didnt he offer me the rbz stage 2 the callaway x hot2 or a couple of other drivers.Left with more questions than answers to be honest.

While i was waiting for the demo titleist driver to come back into the shop the guy (not AG) gave me a few to try , namely the covert & anser & a then the RBZ stage 2 , never thought id own a white driver , tried it and ordered it straight away ..
simple to hit cannon it is

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

typical golfer- when we want to buy we just gotta buy:rofl: